I Tried 3 Face Moisturisers & Here's the Clear Favourite


I've tried many face moisturisers over the years and, like most women, I find it difficult to find the perfect one. It almost seems too much to ask to have a moisturiser that isn't watery, but goes a long way. It's hard to find one that's thick enough, but isn't greasy. I can't seem to find one that's lightweight, but nourishing. 

Finding a moisturiser that's absolutely ideal for your skin can be a challenge, but I've narrowed it down to three moisturisers that I would happily repurchase should I need an emergency replacement. However, there is a clear favourite and I'll be revealing that to you in this blog post, enjoy!

Neutrogena 'Visibly Clear' Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Moisturiser

I've been buying and using this particular moisturiser for quite some time now. In fact, it was my go-to whilst I was at uni and I still find myself reaching for it years later. It smells incredible, it's lightweight but adequately nourishes the skin and you also don't need a lot of it - perfecto!

Having said that, there is a reason why this didn't make the cut when it came to choosing a clear favourite. Basically, as good as it is, it doesn't last very long on the skin. If I put it on after cleansing and before going to bed, then I'll wake up in the morning and it doesn't really feel like I put anything on in the first place, which is really disappointing.

To conclude...

It's a great moisturiser for the price and it really goes a long way. Its durability isn't fantastic, but it does the job and makes for a great base for makeup to glide on and sit nicely.


Nivea 'Q10 Power' Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Day Cream

I thought I'd give this one a go as I had already tried the nighttime version, and I'm glad that I did because this is a great daytime moisturiser (as the name would suggest). I find it makes for the ideal makeup base as it doesn't take too long to sink into the skin. I wouldn't say it lasts all day, but it's fine for when you're in a rush and having a good, less-dry skin day.

To conclude...

It's a great daytime moisturiser, a little pricey for a high-street beauty brand, but great if you don't have the budget for a more expensive alternative. It lasts for most of the day and gives a great base for makeup application and blending.


The Body Shop Vitamin E 'Intense' Moisture Cream

It won't come to a surprise for any of you who regularly follow my blog, but this is actually my clear favourite! I've been raving about this for well over a year now and for good reason - it's just bloomin' amazing for a high-street moisturiser.

It's a little more expensive than the previous moisturiser, but it's so worth it. The intense factor means that you only need a pea-sized amount to cover the face and I find that I can feel the effects of it well into the next day if applied before bed. It's thick, but it still allows the skin to breath as well as providing the ultimate base for your makeup (although I'd wait a little while before applying foundation etc).

It's so good that I feel like my skin benefits from it even when it hasn't been applied to my face for a while. It's overall more smooth and soft and I've even noticed that my skin is less 'blemishy' so to speak. My only criticism is that I don't have enough to slather over my entire body, but I'm sure The Body Shop do an all-body alternative.

To conclude...

This moisturiser is my absolutely, indisputable clear favourite out of all of the moisturisers I've tried and have in back stock. This will always been the one I will reach for among all the others, and for good reason!

It's thick and creamy, so you don't need a lot in a bid to feel the effects of this product. It smells amazing and lasts for hours on the skin. Although it's not the cheapest product out there, it's great for those of us who love to get what we pay for - something I think is important when it comes to skincare.



***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know if you have a clear favourite when it comes to face moisturisers and I'll see you again really soon :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

'Like' Us On Facebook!


PREVIOUS BLOG POST

Why Lazy Days Are Good for You


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Disclaimer

Comments