2020 Cancer Research 'Race for Life' | Here's How it Went

As some of you may know, I ran the 2020 Cancer Research Race for Life yesterday. Due to Covid-19, we, unfortunately, couldn't run collectively. Instead, those who got involved ran 5K independently in a bid to raise money for charity. I thought it was an excellent opportunity, seeing as I do so much running already, so decided to try and raise some funds in the process.

I ran quite a familiar route, as I've been preparing myself for a while, and connected my Strava app to the donation page. This way, those who donated could see that I'd actually done the 5K run, together with the time it took me to do it in.

It took me 30 minutes and 44 seconds to run 5.3K, which I'm quite proud of myself for! Cancer Research are also going to send me a medal for the run's completion, something I would have received ordinarily had I run a collective race (if Covid-19 hadn't have struck). Obviously, I didn't just do it for the medal, but it's a nice little bonus along with the money I raised.

I'm keeping an eye out for other charity runs I can do in a bid to raise money for a good cause, so watch this space if you're interested in my future ventures. Perhaps one day, it might even be a marathon ;) That'll be the day!

***

Have you ever run the Cancer Research Race for Life? How did you find it? Are you planning to do any more charity runs in the future? Let me know in the comments below! I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

'Like' Us On Facebook!


PREVIOUS BLOG POST

*Hey Sister! The Estrid Razor Starter Kit You Need in Your Life


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Disclaimer

Comments

Popular Posts