Balloon Jeans: Yay or Nay?

Balloon jeans, or boyfriend jeans as some people like to call them, have been a very much love or hate item of clothing since their first appearance on the fashion scene. I for one love my pair of balloon jeans, so much so I would wear them with absolutely everything if I could. But I wondered whether balloon jeans were still the staple jean of 2021 as well as 2020.

I think what I love most about them is their versatility - they can be worn with pretty much everything. From statement blouses and bold-coloured jumpers to graphic tees and stretchy vest tops, you'll literally be able to wear boyfriend/balloon jeans from day to night. Footwear is also crucial when it comes to styling balloon jeans. Birkenstocks are my go-to choice for casual wear, but you could just as easily switch it up in the evening with some black heels and a black belt.

I have also been wearing these with a pair of black Adidas Gazelles, mainly because it's still too cold to be bringing out the Birks - something I can't wait to finally drag out from the back of the wardrobe after so many months. If you a pair of Birkenstocks, you'll totally understand my obsession with them! 

I also team these jeans, during the winter, with a leather jacket and a mustard-yellow beanie. An over-sized scarf also looks fab with my balloon jeans as it makes for an edgy twist to an otherwise spring/summer clothing staple. Basically, these jeans can be worn with pretty much everything if you have the imagination!

***

Do you have a pair of balloon jeans? What do you pair with them for the ultimate fashion combo? How would you style them for the winter months? Let me know in the comments below! I will see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

'Like' Us On Facebook!


PREVIOUS BLOG POST

How to Become a More Efficient Reader


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Disclaimer

Comments

Popular Posts