Everything That Helps Me to De-Stress

When you live such a busy life, stress becomes a daily reality for a lot of us and many people will sometimes struggle to find a way to relieve themselves of that stress so as to feel generally better about things. So I thought I'd share with you some of my own techniques for de-stressing and getting things back on track, mentally as well as physically.

I'll avoid caffeine

Caffeine is a stimulant so chances are, it'll only stress you out even further. I have tried in the past to cut down on the amount of coffee I drink and, over the last year, I think I've reduced by intake by at least half and I've noticed a difference when it comes to how stressed I feel. 

Where I might have felt stressed out by a situation before, if it happens now, I don't feel nearly as affected by it as I would have done before cutting down on caffeine. So with that in mind, whenever I feel myself stressing out, I'll avoid drinking caffeine altogether until I feel as thought that stress has subsided.

I'll head outdoors

You don't necessarily have to go out and do strenuous exercise to de-stress. I find that simply going out for a walk or even sitting in the garden for a bit in the fresh air can help you to feel better when you feel stressed.

You're literally taking a breather and giving yourself a healthy distraction for a short while. I will often find that I find solutions to some of the things that are stressing me out when I'm outdoors, either walking around the block or just enjoying a cup of tea in the comfort of my own garden.

I'll have a long, hot bath

Baths have always been such a comfort for me, personally. They make you feel weightless, they're steaming hot and full of bubbles - what's not to love, really? It's like receiving a giant, all-over, warm hug and feeling it for as long as you want to feel it. Not to mention you get out feeling and smelling delightful and you literally cannot wait for the next one. 

I usually have baths at night so I can get straight out, into some PJs and then head straight to bed in nice clean sheets. It always makes me feel super relaxed and comfortable and so a bath will always be one way in which I'll de-stress.

I'll listen to music

It doesn't really matter what kind of music I'm listening to. It could be rock or pop, it could be a heavy song or a love song, I really have a very wide variety of music downloaded on my phone, including some 80's hits that you can just sing a long to with literally no shame.

Essentially, the point of it is that I'm focusing more on the music and the lyrics rather than a situation I feel anxious or stressed about. It really helps to calm things down and bring me back to reality. Sometimes, music will even have me asking "what's the worst that can happen?" and before you know it, I feel much happier again.

***

I hope you liked this blog post? Let me know in the comments what you like to do to de-stress and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts