Hello 28!


On Tuesday 21st March, I turned 28. It wasn't a particularly big or even special birthday, but it was definitely a lovely one. I don't feel any different to be honest. I think you reach a certain age where you just aren't really too fussed anymore, but I'll report back when I turn 30, haha. The day started out quite early as we had a boiler service booked in at 7:30am. 

But it got us up and moving so it was probably a good thing really. After the boiler service, we had a coffee and a Cinnabon (which is basically a cinnamon roll) followed by some fresh juice for afters. We watched a few bits on the telly then started to get ready to go out. 

I decided that I would like to go to the garden centre because it was huge with a lot to look at and the cafe is lovely. It's also dog-friendly, which meant my parents could bring their little puppy, Pip (who will make an appearance in this blog post, don't worry, haha). So let's talk about what I did for my birthday this year, aside from stuffing my face with coffee and pastries!

Garden centres, dogs & cream tea

The garden centre we went to is owned by the Blue Diamond brand. You might well have one near you, but this particular garden centre is absolutely huge. It has entire sections dedicated to things like house plants, fragrances, cookware, homeware, alcohol, food and drink, children's clothes and toys, birthday cards, frozen goods, garden furniture, garden tools, outdoor plants and even BBQs, as well as a lot more. 

It also has an amazing restaurant that serves hot and cold food and it's just delicious every single time we've been. My parents hadn't been before so I thought it would be nice for them to go and see what it's like, especially seeing as it's dog-friendly. But we had a long muse around and my mum bought me some tomato plants, because I said I wanted to try my hand at growing tomatoes in our conservatory this year.

I thought that was quite a thoughtful gift, really, and I can keep the pots for years to come to grow tomato plants in the future. By this time, we could see that the dog was getting tired, so we stopped at the cafe for a bite to eat. I had a cream scone with a skinny latte, Tom had a soup and a Bakewell slice for afters, whereas my parents and my sister went for sandwiches. 

It really is a beautifully-decorated garden centre that I actually love spending a lot of time in. There are some near us that are quite old and dreary, even down to having rubbish car parks and buildings that are falling down. I'll include a few pictures of this garden centre so you can see what I mean. They've literally thought of everything!

A family meal to finish off the day

We then went back to my parents' house to drop the dog off and we ventured out again to their local Indian restaurant for some dinner. We thought we'd go out for some food seeing as we don't normally enjoy food "out" as a whole family anymore. The food was lovely, so much so that I actually completely forgot to take any pictures of it, haha. But it was delicious and I was very happy with my choice to go there for my birthday meal!

When we got home, we had a slice of birthday cake that my mum had made herself. It was a strawberry cake, made with fresh strawberries and buttercream. I didn't take a picture of the cake, but it looked pretty cool on top, like a sheet of white and pink marble! I really wish I had taken a picture of it, but we were just in the moment at the time and I couldn't wait to just dive right in.

***

So that concludes what I did for my 28th birthday, I did tell you it wasn't anything remarkable, but we're actually doing something pretty cool this weekend, so keep your eyes peeled for a blog post all about that :) I hope you enjoyed this blog post? I'll see you again very soon!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts