Everything I Loved in November

November came and went in, what seems like, a flash. I know I say that every time, but it really has whizzed by, to the point where I just wish time would slow down a bit. There's still so much to do for Christmas and a few more gifts to buy. I just never feel ready and November is always quite a nice buffer, the calm before the storm, so to speak. But what have I been loving over the last month? Let me tell you :)

Celebrating 1 year being homeowners

2nd November 2022 saw the first year of us being homeowners. We didn't celebrate, as such, we just cracked open a bottle of champagne on a weeknight and reflected on what we have achieved so far in terms of house renovations. I've been blogging about our progress a lot over the last year, so go back through the archives and catch up if you're interested in some before and after projects!

Bonfire night

Right at the start of the month, we marked bonfire night the whole family, including my brother and his girlfriend. They came to stay with us for a night and we had a right good time letting off some fireworks, eating hot dogs and jacket potatoes and drinking all the mulled cider, wine and beer there was, although I didn't because I was driving. Nevertheless, we still had a wonderful time and made some life long memories.

My sister’s birthday

Mid-November, my sister, Sophie, celebrated her 23rd birthday. We went to Zizzi's for an Italian-inspired dinner and loved every second of it. The evening was filled with amazing food, delicious wine and then a muse around the local Christmas market. We then went back to my parents' house and had some birthday cake then went home to bed. All in all, it was a great day and Sophie really enjoyed herself, which is all that matters.

I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here

I'm not usually someone who will watch this show every year, but Tom wanted to watch it so we gave it a go. It wasn't as scandalous or fiery as I remember previous years being, but I still enjoyed it and was pleased that Jill won it. I had my money on her (no literally) from the offset, so well done to her! I'm not sure if it's swung me to watch it again next year, I guess we'll see how I feel then, haha. 

The Christmas panto: Dick Whittington

Every year since 1999, I've been going to see the Pantomime at the Nottingham Playhouse, without fail. The only time we had to miss it was 2020 because of the pandemic. But we were delighted to see it up and running again, without having to wear masks this time, because we did last year. I'll be writing a blog post about this year's panto soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that one if you're interested. 

This year, it was Dick Whittington, one that we hadn't seen for quite a few years now, so it was a breath of fresh air. The only thing this year was that they had a new writer, and it showed. We're used to having the pantomimes written by the same guy every time, as he was doing that, and also starring in it, 23 years ago, when we first started going. It wasn't a bad thing that the writer was new, it just made it different. We noticed there were more adult-themed jokes in there, but the quality and acting was still second-to-none.

Going to Windsor Castle

For our anniversary this year, Tom surprised me with a trip to Windsor Castle so we could pay our respects to our late Queen. It was actually a beautiful day and the whole place was decorated for Christmas. We visited the State Rooms, Queen Mary's Dolls House and went into St Georges Chapel to see where the Queen had been laid to rest. I wrote a blog post about the day if you're interested in what else we did while we were there and also if you'd like to see some more photographs - enjoy!


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments what you've been loving this November and I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments