5 Things That Have Improved My WFH Experience

Working from home has become more commonplace in the world today, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic. Where this is something that is absolutely game-changing, it's important that you're not tempted to go and work in your bed or on the sofa with the TV on. 

You need a dedicated workspace to separate your work life from your personal life and that's exactly what I have set up in our at-home office. Even if you have to work at the kitchen table, here's everything I have purchased to improve my working from home experience!

1. A laptop riser

A laptop riser is one of the best things you can buy, whether you have just the one screen or more. It's better for your neck and eyes to look at a screen that's at eye-level and that's exactly what a laptop riser works to mitigate. If you don't want to buy one, then ask your employer if they'll provide you with one. If not, then use a stack of books to create the desired height and place your laptop on there.

2. A keyboard rest

It might seem like a pointless piece of equipment, but it actually has several benefits. It means that my arms aren't constantly resting on the edge of the desk and it also helps in terms of wrist movement. It provides me with somewhere to rest my wrists on whilst I type, meaning they don't become sore or tired over time.

3. A wireless mouse & keyboard

Not only is this a good choice for working, but it's also great for when you come to clean your desk. There aren't any wires that are trailing all over the place, which also helps to create a "tidy desk, tidy mind" environment. 

I'm very much one of those people who cannot work surrounded by mess and looking at keyboard cables being jumbled up with a mouse cable, together with the monitor and laptop cable, it was sending me doo-lally. Wireless equipment is the way to go if you're not a fan of cables and wires and if you're wanting to keep your desk clean and tidy, but with little effort required.

4. A silent keyboard

As a copywriter, it means I do a lot of tapping away on my keyboard. Something that was doing Tom's head in was the sound my keyboard was making as I was writing an article or doing some research. To make his own life more bearable, seeing as we work in the same at-home office space, he bought me a silent keyboard for my birthday and I wouldn't go back. Not only is is perfect for those who have to work or live around you, but it's also better for the wrists and fingers because you don't have to press very hard at all to press the right keys.

5. A large monitor

I have two screens: a laptop and my monitor. The monitor I have is quite a bit larger than the laptop screen, probably twice the size, actually, and it's where I focus on my work the most. It's easier to see and everything seems easier to use. It makes research and typing up my articles so much simpler and everything I need, when spread out over both screens, is all in one place.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below whether you have any of these items at your home office or if you're going to get online and purchase some of them and I'll see you all again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts