A Review: The Body Shop Vitamin C 'Glow-Boosting' Moisturiser


If you've been following me for a while now, you'll know how much I absolutely love the products from The Body Shop, most notably, their moisturisers. This Vitamin C 'Glow-Boosting' moisturiser is no different, although, having said that, I feel like it's creeping ahead of my initial Vitamin E favourite. So why do I love it so much? Let me tell you!

What do I think to the packaging?

I don't really buy products based on the packaging they're in. This could be in a thin plastic tube for all I care and I'd still keep purchasing it. This comes in a glass jar with an aluminium lid - perfect for recycling. It's actually quite heavy, more so than the original pot because I think the previous one was actual plastic. I think I prefer the packaging of this one, but it's really not that much of a big deal in the grand scheme of things - it's the actual product that I'm interested in.

What do I think to the smell?

It smells absolutely divine. It's not as rich smelling as the Vitamin E cream (read more about this cream and my thoughts on it here), it smells more refreshing. It's something I actually look forward to applying to my skin, especially on a warm summer's morning. It has a zesty scent to it, making it almost citrussy-scented. Sometimes, I unscrew the jar just to give it a quick whiff; it's that delightful.

What do I think to the consistency?

Although it says that it's a cream, or a moisturiser, it's actually more of a gel in consistency instead of a thick cream, as you'd expect. It's quite thin, so a little goes a long way. But despite its lack of texture, it has a whole different feel to a traditional moisturiser consistency, and not in a bad way, either. 

It's a nice change to apply something to the face that's cooling and light as opposed to it being room temperature and a little heavier. The Vitamin C moisturiser is the one I tend to lean on during the spring and summer, with the thicker Vitamin E moisturiser being my top pick during the autumn and winter.

How well does it apply?

As I've already touched upon, this moisturiser is thinner and is gel-like in substance as opposed to creamy. But this only makes the product go further. You'll find that you're using barely any product to cover your entire face whilst still getting impeccable results every single time. I'd definitely say this was a daytime cream and one that needs to be applied daily. 

If you're looking for something more heavy duty, then the Vitamin E moisturiser would be a better fit for you, although it does take longer to apply. If you're in a hurry, then this Vitamin C moisturiser is an absolute breeze and it dries in no time, providing you with a velvety smooth foundation to apply your makeup. 

How long do the effects last?

The effects of the Vitamin C moisturiser from The Body Shop last the entire day, but you will need to keep reapplying it everyday. With the Vitamin E moisturiser, you could be feeling the effects for up to two days, even after washing your face or removing your makeup. 

If you're looking for long-lasting results, then choose the Vitamin E moisturiser, despite it being more heavy. If you don't mind reapplying every day, I'd definitely say to choose the Vitamin C moisturiser over its thicker counterpart.

Would I recommend the Vitamin C Moisturiser from The Body Shop?

I would absolutely recommend the Vitamin C moisturiser from The Body Shop, no matter the time of year or how much time you have to do a bit of skincare. It's light, smells amazing and its effects are incredible, so why wouldn't you at least give it a try? I'll leave a link to it below for you :)



***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments whether or not you've given this a go yourself or if I have swayed you to give it a trial run and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments