Review: Real Techniques Makeup Brushes




I am finally doing this blog post after many requests from Twitter. I don't have all of the brushes, however I will talk about the ones I do have and the ones I think are worth buying. I hope you find this somewhat useful, and it has helped you to decide whether to invest in a particular brush.
Real Techniques Core Collection Kit
The Detailer Brush:


This brush the possibly the most useless one out of the entire collection, and by useless, I really mean the least versatile. You can't really use it for much other than guiding bright lipsticks or messy lip glosses on to the lips or even lining the eye with eye shadow, but apart from that, I don't use it for anything else. Not to say you won't enjoy it, it depends on what you like to wear makeup wise and whether you can find a use for it that no one else can, but for me, it's not used very much at all.

The Pointed Foundation Brush:
Again, it's one of the least versatile brushes in my collection, but should you want a more accurate application of concealer, under the eyes for example, then it's great for patting the product in without it looking caky or badly blended. It's way too small to be a foundation brush which is a shame because the finish it gives on concealer is great, but you'd be there for ages trying to pack on a high coverage liquid foundation, and it could end up looking streaky and patchy, so I wouldn't actually recommend it for it's initial purpose, which is strange, but it's just too much of a faff, especially if you have little time to do your makeup.
The Contour Brush:
This is a great little brush especially if you're a newbie to contouring. It's small enough so you can be nice and precise, draw a nice line under the cheek bone and blend it out. It's nice for cream bronzers too, not just powder bronzers. It's also versatile in the sense that you can use it to apply setting powder under the eyes as it is small enough. You can also use it to apply a little bit of high lighter as well! Despite it's versatility, it wouldn't be high on my list of priority brushes when it comes to travelling as there are other RTs brushes I own which can do more useful jobs than this one. However it's a nice little addition to the kit and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to start or improve on their contouring skills.
The Buffing Brush
I use this brush for pretty much everything. Unlike the contouring brush I would bring this travelling with me for sure! I can use it for foundation, buffing in concealer, packing on some blusher, it even makes for good bronzing and contouring, you just can't be heavy handed as the dense bristles can cause too much product to get picked up on the brush. It's even nice apply a little bit of highlighter, again, just don't be heavy handed. It's the best brush in the kit in my opinion and I recommend purchasing the kit purely for this great brush. I'd be lost without it!
The Blush Brush

As you can see from the image located above, I use this mainly for blushers. Not so much cream blushers but we will get onto that later on in the post. I also like to use this for the odd bit of powder in the T zone if I don't want a full coverage of powder. It adds just the right amount and it doesn't look cakey either. This brush is also great for those of you who have a heavy hand when it comes to blusher, because of it's shape, it doesn't pick up too much and allows you to build colour rather than pack it on. It leaves a lovely finish and the end fits down the cheek bone perfectly. It leaves the blusher looking natural no matter what colour you've decided to use. It's an over all lovely brush and again, I would recommend it to anyone!
The Powder Brush

Again, I use RTs brushes for lots of different things, and this is no exception. I not only use it for it's intended purpose, but I also think it works well with bronzer. It picks up a nice amount, not too heavy and it looks natural, probably because it was designed to make powder look as natural as possible. I don't really use it to apply anything else as nothing else needs a big application, but again, you can use it for what you like. The brush is very soft, not scratchy or prickly on the face and so it's very pleasant to use, it hasn't shed either which is nice, not even during washing (touch wood). This is yet another brush I can recommend to you, it's completely faultless.
The Stippling Brush

Now it's this brush that I like to apply cream products with. This includes cream blushers, bronzers and even a full face of foundation. It's great again if you go over board with cream blushers and bronzers as the bristles are rather dispersed and not very dense at all. Now it's not as soft as the other brushes are, but it's still nice to use and feels more expensive than it actually is which is always a bonus. It's also nice for applying foundation, even the most high coverage foundation can look natural using this brush, it's also nice if you don't like to wear a lot of foundation as it makes it look light and natural on the skin, which is why I think it would be good at applying BB creams or even tinted moisturiser for those that don't like to wear foundation. You could even use it to apply powder to the T zone, but again this wouldn't be the first brush to make it into my travel makeup bag, simply because I don't really wear cream products in the Summer as they tend to fade and smudge a lot quicker than powders (which makes no sense, but upon observation this is the conclusion I have come to).
The Expert Face Brush
This brush isn't unlike the Buffing Brush from the Core Collection Kit, and I haven't really had it long enough or even used it properly yet to form a strong opinion on it, but what I have gathered so far is that it really isn't that different to the Buffing Brush. I am still 100% behind the buffing Brush still, but I do like this for concealer as it's a nice shape to get under the eyes and round the side of my nose. I haven't really used it for a full face of foundation just yet, but judging from the flawless finish it left with the concealer, I am hoping for great things. It does seem the least versatile however out of all of the brushes in my collection as I haven't really found another use for it yet, nut when I do, I'll be sure to let you know somehow, probably through Instagram (surprise surprise xD).
Brushes I Like to Use for Foundation and Concealers

 The Expert Face Brush
The Stippling Brush
The Pointed Foundation Brush
The Buffing Brush
_____________________________________________________________
I hope that you enjoyed this post and I am sorry it was such a long time coming, however I hope you found it useful! Should you have any requests/ideas/suggestions for new blog posts then either leave me a comment or contact me via one of my social networking sites below, have a nice day, Lorna ox.
WHERE TO FIND ME (Click a Link)
See you on Wednesday for the last instalment of my Shoe Collection Series 'My Favourite Casual Winter Shoes'.
Thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

Popular Posts