My Dressing Table/Vanity


Ever since I posted a picture of my dressing table on Instagram, I got numerous people requesting I do a blog post about it, explaining why I arranged my things the way I did and also revealing where I get most of my decorative pieces from. So, here we go, I hope you enjoy it :)


Floral Jug: Cath Kidston
Floral Mug: Cath Kidston
Picture Stand: Oxfam
Moustache Card: Snap card pack from Debenhams
Spice Rack: IKEA
Makeup Bag: Cath Kidston
I like to keep things pretty organised, as you can tell. I think its really important to keep the things you decide to have out on display, to a minimum, it looks better when kept simple, in my opinion. I also really like to keep things cream, white or pastel as it keeps with the colour scheme of the walls especially. I also really like floral patterns, hence my intense love for Cath Kidston, which if you follow me on Instagram, you will know I have a "slight" obsession with the brand, I think all the prints are just beautiful and I find it hard to leave things behind in the shop xD 


Mirror: Past Times

I bought this in the sale, down from about £70 to £30 which was such a good deal, I couldn't leave it there! It has been sat in a box for a very long time though, as it was far too ornate for my old bedroom, but since I moved into a much bigger one, I decided to whip it out and display it on the dressing table rather than on my chest of drawers where I'd usually put my bigger mirrors. It's nice to have a nice big bedroom where I can rearrange things as and when I please without worrying about space :) It's the highlight nd a focal point of my entire room:) 




Faux Peonies: IKEA
Glass Vase: IKEA
Photo Frame: Homebase
Moustache Snap Cards: Debenhams
Rabbit: Gifted to me by a friend
Coaster: Made by me

Again, this is one of the more decorative parts of my bedroom, I've recently had a change around which prompted this post as I was just so happy with the way I decided to have everything. I had wanted faux flowers of some kind for a while, but never found any which I liked, as in, didn't look cheap and plastic. But these ones from IKEA were surprisingly very nice and they weren't too hard to trim down either, as the vase I bought was a little too short for them to being with, so it took a little bit of customisation, but I don't mind that at all :)

I am also in complete love with the photo frame, I actually bought it in the Homebase sale for about £6, which for a lovely ornate photo frame such as this one, is a great deal in my opinion! It currently houses a photo of me and my 17 year old brother at his year 11 prom! Doesn't he look smart? ;) The little rabbit was gifted to me at Christmas by one of my best friends and I love it so much, it just sits there watching me do my makeup and is so super cute...and floral xD. 

I made the Cath Kidston coaster. It sounds odd to say I made a coaster, but what I should really say is, I customised it! It was really easy to do, I simply took a coaster which comes in those Red Cross charity packs, and cut Cath Kidston patterns out o their catalogues, i then cut them down to size and stick it over the coaster, almost like wrapping a present. Then, once all the corners are stuck down, I wrap it in sticky back plastic, so it can be easily cleaned and it preserves the pattern for much longer and won't spoil the paper underneath. Its so quick and simple, you could even do it with a wrapping paper that you think is really pretty, but have no other use for! It's a great way to recycle as well :)

___________________________________________________________________

Thanks for stopping by, remember, if you want to leave any requests/suggestions/ideas for new posts, then either leave them in the comment section or contact me using one of my socil networking sites below (or in the side bar) Have a nice day and see you next time! Lorna ox.

WHERE TO FIND ME

DISCLAIMER
I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. No Copyright infringement intended.

Comments

  1. I love you style! My taste is very similar to yours :) I have loads of little nick-nacks around my room and have a slight obsession with floral prints, vintage looking items and owls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that kind of thing 😃 great minds think a like 😉

      Delete

Post a Comment