The British Tag


I know this really should be done as a YouTube video, however I thought I'd do it for those of you who follow my blog! I hope it gives you a bit of an insight into British culture...well, some of it anyway xD.

1. How Many Cups of Tea Do You Have a Day? How Many Sugars?
I went to Covent Garden recently and picked up some loose tea leaves from 'The Tea Palace', its an "organically grown tea...from the prestigious Risheehat tea garden in Darjeeling". They have also described it as "a delicious mellow, soft and aromatic black tea with characteristic muscatel notes". BUT, I don't usually drink tea, I drink more coffee for sure! However I do like a nice cup of strong everyday tea or some kind of fruit tea in the evening, but even then, it's only about three cups a week! Yes, I'm a very bad Briton...hahaha. 




2. Favourite Part of Your Roast?
A roast is very similar to a thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, but not nearly as big and with less trimmings, and we British usually like to have one on a Sunday, I'm not really sure why but we do. My favourite part is the stuffing, but if the isn't any stuffing, Yorkshire Puddings are my next favourite. If you're maybe not from Britain and aren't too sure what a Yorkshire Pudding is, then I will leave a picture for you below ;).



3. Favourite Dunking Biscuit?
I love a good Rich Tea or a Milk Malt, they're my favourite ones. But I don't usually dunk my biscuits, I like to have one on the side, but I won't usually dunk it. I hate them when they get all soggy, and they don't taste nearly as nice. 

4. Favourite Quintessentially British Pastime?
I like to play tennis, there are about 5 courts that are free to play to play on, and are only about a three minute walk away from our house! I also love the whole British seaside experience, sat on deck chairs, eating great, fresh Fish and Chips whilst watching the waves move onto the shore. It's such a lovely thing to do, and something that I believe everyone should experience!


5. Favourite Word?
I like the word 'bloke'. I think it's just one of those words that, if you're not British, you may not know what it means, but it's actually another word for 'a man'. So your brother or dad would be a 'bloke'. I also like 'toodle pip' meaning goodbye. I think it's a pretty fun and quirky way of saying 'cheerio' to someone (also meaning 'goodbye'!). 

6. Cockney Rhyming Slang?
I don't know much Cockney Rhyming Slang at all. I only know that 'apples and pears' means 'stairs', and 'on my tod' means 'on my own'. That's as far as my knowledge goes on this topic xD.

7. Favourite Sweet?
I don't really eat sweets, I'm more of a chocolate gal, but if I had to choose one, it'd be Skittles for sure :)

8. What Would Your Pub Be Called?
I don't know, it hasn't ever been something that I have thought much about, but it would probably be something to do with telephone boxes or red London buses, as I have always had a bit of an obsession with them, weird I know ;)

9. Number 1 British Person?
I find it hard to pick just one person, but it's a toss up between Benedict Cumberbatch and Kate Middleton. Cumberbatch plays a great Sherlock Holmes and is one of my favourite actors. Kate Middleton (AKA, the Duchess of Cambridge) is just so beautiful and is a massive style icon across the world. She is also a Princess. What's not to love? ^_^.



10. Favourite Shop/Restaurant? 
My favourite British shop is Cath Kidston, it's such a pretty brand, full of florals but they also include some quirky prints as well, so it suits all :) As for my favourite restaurant, I think I'd just have to say Fish and Chips, yes it's boring, but it's the only kind of British cuisine I can think of, that and a good pub lunch with chunky chips (fries)...Yummy!


11. What British Song Pops into Your Head?
'The Beetles, Hey Jude'. But then the Spice Girls and One Direction also comes up, but The Beetles came up first, so they win ;)


12. Marmite?
I love Marmite, I can have it with anything, I can dip chips into it, spread it on toast, scrambled eggs, on a Jacket Potato, as a sandwich, you name it, I'll eat anything with Marmite, it's just soooo super tasty. but I know there will be people that disagree, and that's fine too ^_^.

____________________________________________________________

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed reading it and that it was some what entertaining. If you have any requests/suggestions/ideas for new posts then leave it the comment section or contact me using one of the social media links below or in the side bar! Have a nice day, and I will see you on Wednesday with a brand new post :) 

WHERE TO FIND ME

DISCLAIMER

I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. No Copyright infringement intended.

Comments

Popular Posts