Shoe Collection | Part 4: My Favourite Casual Winter Shoes


Welcome to the last instalment of my Shoe Collection series. If you'd like me to start another series similar to this but involving other accessories (like handbags for example) then do let me know in the comment section below or contact me via one of my social networking sites by clicking on a link at the end of this post (or in the side bar as you're reading this). If you haven't yet read part 1, 2 or 3, then I will link them all below:


Just a quick disclaimer before we start, unlike the other posts I have written, I don't have photographs of the shoes on my feet, simply because the light was incredibly bad and my camera just wasn't working with me which is frustrating, I also wanted to get this written before I go away as my internet access will be limited, I wanted to simply publish it when I get some form of wifi access, with that aside, lets begin the last instalment... :(
Pair Number 1
Shop: New Look
Price: £9
Age: 7 Months
Comfort: 3.5 out of 5


These are great shoes, they're very well made. I actually bought these in the January sales of this year, I managed to get them for around 60% off, and what's more, I love the colour, they were just right. I had wanted a chocolate brown pair of brogues for a while as I own many handbags of the same colour, they're also a nice addition to my wardrobe as I like to expand the style of my shoes rather than the colour. I have worn these a lot, especially during the colder months as they cover my feet properly and keep them nice and toasty :)
They're also surprising comfy especially seeing as the main body of the shoe is a slightly stiff. They didn't take long to break in either which is always a bonus with new shoes as I always want to wear them as soon as I buy them xD. The laces are a nice touch, rather than just having  slip on brogue for example, which makes them very traditional and vintage looking. Also the detailing of the shoe is very pretty and just makes the shoe look so much more interesting. The soles are also nice and thick so I have a feeling they will wear nicely and last a very long time. If you see any brogues like these in New Look this year, I would recommend you pick up a pair, they have become an Autumn/Winter staple for me.


I like to wear these with many different things. I like to wear black socks with them when I wear jeans as it just makes the look more polished if you don't intend for people to see your ankles. However some days when it's not so cold, I like to roll up the legs of my jeans to expose some ankle and just wear invisible socks with them so it doesn't look strange. They also look great when worn with dresses or skirts and black tights, they're a nice wintery type of shoe and also, because of their colour, they're very easy to wear and style. I complete steal in my opinion!

Pair Number 2
Shop: Radley
Price: £29
Age: 7 months
Comfort: 4.5 out of 5


These, again I bought in the January sales of this year, they were originally £99 and I managed to get them for £29. They real leather straight through with a lovely bronze buckle detail on the toe which makes the shoe more interesting. As you would probably guess, the front doesn't quite cover the toes as the cap is a little short, s they were designed to be, which is why I have put them in the Winter shoes category as I mainly wear these with tights. As you can probably see from this photo, the soles are fitted with a great 'breathe' technology which enables the feet to remain at body temperature, rather than have them over eat in the leather shoe.
They're also surprisingly warm considering there isn't much of the shoe that covers your foot. However leather is very warm, allowing your feet to keep warm and also dry. The only thing with leather shoes is that you must treat them properly before wearing them out in the rain. I recommend treating them before you wear them anywhere even if it isn't raining that day, it just helps preserve them a little longer. I like to treat these every month or so during the colder months just to keep the leather soft and also so they don't stain!


Like I said, I do prefer to wear these with tights, hence why I really only wear them with skirts and dresses. I would, on occasion wear them with jeans, but it's not often at all. I do however get a lot of wear out of these in the Autumn/Winter as I take that opportunity to wear more skirts and dresses as I hate my legs. Overall, they're a lovely pair of shoes, and extremely well made. I look forward to seeing how the leather wears over time.
Pair Number 3
Shop: Converse
Price: $13 (£7 ish)
Age: 1 Year
Comfort: 5 out of 5


We went to New York and Florida about a year ago, and while we were there, we took a trip to their famous outlet factory. There was a Converse outlet which is crazy seeing as they're so expensive! If you are going to America and love Converse, then the USA is definitely the place to buy them as the exchange rate makes them a lot less expensive and they're probably going to be a little more exclusive as well which is always nice as few people will have the same shoes as you. Anyway, we managed to get these and another pair for not only a knock down price, but the 2 pairs together cost us about $28 which is crazy (my sister has the other pair by the way)!
Now yes, they're not exclusive or rare to the US and you could probably get them in the UK, but where are you going to get a brand new pair of Converse for £7? I like them because they're plain, not quite black, which is nice because the world and his wife owns a black pair of Converse. These are a lovely grey colour which makes them slightly more interesting but also still very wearable. They're also insanely comfy, which is apparently typical of Converse shoes in general. They have also worn nicely, however I do have intentions of changing the black laces to white ones, as I think the black ones can look a little harsh on the dark grey background.


I like to wear these with jeans, skirts and tights (if I'm going more causal that day), they also look great with denim or dark green shorts in the warmer months. However I wear these way more often during Autumn/Winter as they're warm, comfortable, and easy to wear. I don't wear them with the tongues up as you can see in the images located above, I have just done this for the benefit of you lovely readers!

Pair Number 4
Shop: Radley
Price: £45
Age: 7 Months
Comfort: 5 out of 5


These are by far my favourite and most worn boot of Autumn/Winter. They're all leather, again bought in the Boxing Day sales for a crazy discount price. they were originally on sale for £159 which is an insane price and I would never have paid that much money, whether they're leather or not. However I snatched them up and was converted to these boots ever since. I have other boots I wear in the colder months to walk the dog etc as these are far too nice to wear round muddy fields, however I love to wear them when I got shopping, dinner or just causal days out. I wouldn't wear them in the snow or ice however as 1, they're leather and 2, there isn't much of a grip on the bottoms.
Again, like most of my Winter shoes, they're chocolate brown as I find they go with everything and its a lot more interesting than black in my opinion. The gold hard wear also adds interest and a hint of sophistication. I haven't really seen anything like them on the high street yet which is odd as they're technically as designer brand. Just like the other pair of shoes from Radley which I have mentioned already, they require some looking after, I treat these more often than the tan ones because I wear them a lot more. They also age very nicely as they're a lovely chocolate brown leather and they're extremely warm also, which keeps my tootsies at a nice temperature without over heating them.
They're also very comfy, I don't get blisters when I wear them at all which is nice because it means I can wear them all the time. They have even become my go-to shoes, especially when I'm running late as they're so easy to slip on and off and the zip doesn't even get caught in the soft leather zip lining. I just cant say enough good things about them to be honest!



I wear these with leggings mostly, I don't like to wear them with skirts or dresses as the high tops can make it look very odd, I like to tuck my jeans into them too, but they look so nice with some nice thick black leggings and a cosy oversized knitted jumper! I also wear chocolate brown handbags during the colder seasons to match my love of chocolate brown shoes :) They look even nicer with the gold detailing, another weakness of mine!
_______________________________________________________________________
That is it from me and my Shoe Collection series, I hope you enjoyed the ride! Again, let me know if you'd like something similar on a new topic and I will be sure to do that for you! If you have any other requests/ideas/suggestions for new posts over all, then leave a comment or contact me via one of my social media sites below.
WHERE TO FIND ME (Click a Link):
I hope you enjoyed this post! See you next time and have a nice day, Lorna ox.
DISCLAIMER
I have not been paid or sponsored to write this specific blog post. All views and opinions are my own. I am not affiliated with any companies that may be mentioned in this blog post. No Copyright infringement intended.

Comments

  1. Love the first pair. I need some like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New Look and Primark sell some lovely ones :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts