Review: Maybelline 'Lash Sensational' Mascara*


After raving about my ultimate love of Lancôme mascaras, I was approached to review this, claiming that it may in fact sway my opinion. This was in fact sent to me (for free) which is awesome, so after a few days of trying it, I thought I was ready to review it for you guys. My first thought was that it probably wasn't going to be that great, and I was going to do a review on it regardless of how good or bad this was. But I was impressed by it, granted its not as good as my beloved Lancôme ones, but its still pretty great for the price, especially if you don't have a £25+ budget for a mascara. Lets get into the review shall we?

PACKAGING

The packaging is pretty basic really, nothing special in a plastic tube in a pretty mediocre metallic pink colour. But it does state clearly the brand, the type of mascara it is and what it claims to do, it also goes out of its way to explain that the brush shape is new and improved which claims to be a "lash multiplying brush" making "lashes look visibly multiplied and fuller".


Now that's a pretty big statement to make, but they must have been confident it would indeed do those things otherwise, why put it prominently on the packaging? We'll get back to that later.

The tube itself is a reasonable size, your typical 9.5ml bottle, the shape isn't too impractical, but it isn't anything special either as numerous makeup brands have tubes the same shape, so in that respect it isn't all that different.

THE BRUSH


I was pretty intrigued to see whether the brush was actually going to do anything special or not, or whether it would in fact have any impact on how it would make my lashes look. I was a bit sceptical as neither of Lancôme mascaras have a special shaped brush and still do a fab job of making my lashes look great. In all honesty, I don't really think the shape of the brush has anything to do with how it makes your lashes look, it may make the product easier to apply, but apart from that, I can see no real benefit of it being that shape. You have to build it up anyway, so I don't think the shape of the brush has a significant impact in the performance of the mascara.

IMPACT ON THE LASHES

Considering I was sceptical to begin with, after using it for a few days, I can see why its so hyped up on the internet. It does make my lashes look longer, but it can get a bit clumpy (unlike my Lancôme mascaras), but I guess its a case of 'you get what you pay for'. This isn'tthe cheapest of highstreet mascaras coming in at roughly £7.99 depending on where you get it from, but its well worth that I reckon. It does make my lashes look full I'll give them that. The staying power is alright, it lasts for a few hours, but the lashes can drop after a while and not look as good as they did in the morning when you used it. It doesn't smudge at all and considering mine isn't waterproof, it doesn't run very much either which is fab! It also comes off relatively easily too which is a massive plus.

MY VERDICT

I would recommend this mascara if you haven't got the budget for something more expensive. I will use this again, but not for a night out as I don't want the lashes to drop throughout the night. Its a nice everyday mascara, something that should last for most of the day with no smudging under the eyes or in the hood. It is totally worth the £8 (ish) price tag, so if you were in two minds as to whether to buy it or not, I would give it a go, you won't be disappointed.
________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME


PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'Gym Tips From an Amateur'



Comments

Popular Posts