A Lunch Date With Mum

My mum and I both attend the same university, I am doing English Language and Creative Writing while my mum is studying Nursing. I am very proud of her for making that jump, and being brave and believing in herself enough to know that she can do whatever she wants, and be great at it. I love my mum so much, I can't really put it into words, of course I love the rest of my family as well, my dad, brother and sister, and I see them all every single weekend when I visit home, but knowing that I may be able to see my mum at least once a week makes me really, exceptionally happy.
But anyway, that was me going off on a tangent slightly. On Monday, I met mum for lunch at a local pub come bar pretty much located on the uni campus. It is cheap and cheerful, and we go there a lot when mums in town, whether we go for a chat and a coffee or a meal and good catch up, we always have a pleasant experience there.
On Monday, we just chatted about our courses, what happened at work, and just general banter...yes I did just type that xD. We always have a good laugh and a joke about various things while chomping on some great food or sipping on a nice hot mug of delicious coffee. Its the little things in life ;)
So on this particular visit, we had food, and we both had a diet Coke to go with it. I opted to get a chicken burger dubbed 'Chicken Melt', it was a delicious concoction of chicken breast, cheese and bacon, with tomato, lettuce leaves, mayo and BBQ sauce, complete with a side of sweet potato fries in an enamel mug and a spoon of homemade coleslaw, I was in food heaven. My mum had a shredded chicken open burrito, apparently that's a thing now, but she said it was tasty and very filling, just what you want really. It was also pretty good value for money really, coming in at around £8.50 each (including drinks), its fab for students on a budget, but still fancy eating out instead of reheating the pasta left over from the other night.

Yes it was naughty of me, but I did go for a fitness swim Monday night, and I'm off spinning and circuits at 2pm today, so I guess that makes this burger justifiable right? Anyway, this post is in total contrast to what Sunday's post will about so make sure you come back for that (especially if you've just joined a gym...hint hint). I will see you Sunday guys :)
____________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME




Comments

Popular Posts