10 Things That Have Made Me Happy This Week


Yes, its been a while since I wrote one of these, but it may be boring for you if I published one once a week. However, this week, a few little things have made me particularly happy, so I thought I'd share them with you :)
  
1) MUM IS BACK AT UNIVERISTY
This isn't a horrid thing to say. My mum and I attend the same university, but because she does nursing, she's away a lot of the time on placement so I used to rarely see her around, but now she's back attending lectures, I get to see her a lot more. Something which makes me very happy, and I'm sure it makes her happy too :)


2) I HAVE WONDERFUL FRIENDS
So over the weekend, I hurt myself on a night out, so much so I spent a heft number of hours sat in A&E. I had five X-Rays done and thankfully nothing is broken, but I've sprained my wrist, my knee (who'd have thought you could sprain your knee?) and I've also damaged ligaments in-between the vertebrae in my lower spine which made walking and heavy lifting extremely difficult. So when I came back to uni on Sunday night, my friends helped me a lot, asking me if I needed anything, and if so, not to hesitate to ask. My parents had to bring me back as I was in no fit state to go back by train, they also did a food shop for me, so when they left, my friends put my shopping away for me and all sorts. I couldn't have been more grateful. Then on Monday night, one of my friends went shopping with me and brought my heavy stuff back for me. I was so appreciative. She could have just as easily said no, but I was very grateful to her for helping me out. My friends are pretty great really :)
Not that they aren't great all the time, because they are, but it really did make me feel so lucky to have friends that care, and I think that's awesome :)

 


3) I'VE BOOKED TICKETS TO SEE 'DEAD POOL'
I know that the whole world and his wife will be going to see this film, but I'm yet to watch it, and seeing as I can predict its going to be busy, I'd rather not turn up and buy tickets on the night, so instead I booked them. I'm going with my brother and my dad Saturday night (which would have been yesterday for you) so that is definitely something I'm looking forward to, as well as being able to see my family once again :)


4) GOT CHRISTMAS SOCKS FOR 50P
Yes its no longer Christmas, hence why I got these socks for 50p in Tesco. They're so cute. I have intentions to keep them for next Christmas, but I have a strong feeling that I may open them and wear them myself when I run out of clean socks to wear xD. As long as I wear them under boots, no one will notice...right..?


5) LISTENING TO OLD SCHOOL TUNES
I'm nearly 21 years old, so when I say 'Old School', I'm talking songs from 2001-2006 ish, which was basically the 'Busted', 'S Club 7', 'Steps' phase of my life. I loved many bands, but these are the three I loved the most. I've been listening to their old albums and surprisingly still know the words to most of the songs. I also dabble in 'Blue', 'Hearsay' and 'Liberty X' once in a while, but not as much as the three I've previously mentioned. Which bands did you love as a child? Let me know in the comment section :)


6) ANDY MURRAY & HIS WIFE HAD A BABY
I know this is wouldn't be a big deal to a lot of people, but there seems to be nothing but bad news these days, so to hear about something that can bring someone else so much joy, makes me happy. I do love Andy Murray, and I think its awesome that he now has his own little family, so congrats Murray :)


7) THERE ARE NEW EPISODES OF 'BETTER CALL SAUL' ON NETFLIX
If you were one of those people who loved 'Breaking Bad' (like I did), 'Better Call Saul' is basically a spin off of that. Set before the events of Walter White and his meth business, it centres around Saul Goodman (the shady lawyer on the hit TV show) and his journey up the money ladder. It really is fantastic. With it being a Netflix original, there's already a whole season ready and waiting for you to watch, with new episodes from season 2 being posted every Tuesday, you can't miss a thing.


8) I'VE FOUND SOMEWHERE I CAN GET PINA COLADAS

I bloody love Pina Coladas (when I can find places that will sell them). Cocktails are my favourite alcoholic beverage, so I've been to many cocktail bars, and none of them seem to have Pinas on the menu (to my disappointment), but recently, my family and I visited a restaurant called 'Rubs', and low and behold, on the alcoholic drinks menu, was a pina colada. I ordered it straight away. At nearly £7 a go, its not cheap, but its totally worth it. If you haven't tried a pina, please do, because they're delicious.


9) SEEING WILD DAFFODILS

I love how Daffs can literally grow anywhere, in your local park, in a field in the middle of absolute no where or even on the side of a road. They seem to thrive wherever they decide to grow. Not only that, they're also a beautiful sunshine yellow colour that just screams Spring, Easter and also my birthday (which is in March). Daffs have great connotations for me, I hope they have for you too :)


10) FALLING ASLEEP TO THE SOUND OF RAIN
Nothing makes me feel more cosy than being in my warm, toasty bed, wrapped in a duvet with a cup of coffee and a good book with the rain tapping on the window. I know its a little sad but seriously, you can't say it doesn't make you feel cosy too? ;)


I hope you enjoyed this post. I will see you Wednesday with a brand new post for you all!

_______________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME


Comments

Popular Posts