Guns N' Roses: My First EVER Rock Gig

https://www.gumtree.com/p/rock-metal-music-tickets/4-x-guns-n-roses-tickets-reserved-seating-opening-night-16th-june-2017-olympic-park-london/1205599965

PLEASE NOTE: Ensure you read the copyright Information linked at the end of this page to ensure you know how these images have been referenced - thank you

Last month, my boyfriend (Tom) and I ventured down to London for the weekend to see none other than Guns N’ Roses at the Olympic Park Stadium (which can I just say is huge). Being my first proper rock gig, I was in good hands as this was in fact Tom’s fiftieth one! Being a huge fan of Status Quo especially, he’s very experienced in ensuring everyone has a fantastic time, this gig being no different!

I’ve never really been an avid rock fan, so much so that if you’d have told me this time last year that I’d be attending a Guns n’ Roses concert, I’d have laughed at you. It really is something I believe you could either love or hate. I however loved every second, from the support acts to the explosive last song GnR performed. I came out of it wondering why I’d never done anything like that before until now. I feel as if I’m going around telling everyone I meet that they have to go to a rock gig at least once.

It wasn’t just the music I enjoyed, it was the atmosphere as well. Although I had images of it being a rough ride, it really wasn’t. We were both contained within the Golden Circle at the front. So we were protected from the packed in experience the people behind us were having to endure. Something for which I was grateful for being spared from!

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2017/jun/17/guns-n-roses-review-queen-elizabeth-stadium-stratford-london-paradise-city

We arrived at the venue at about 2pm, or near enough. It was a day of waiting around until about half past five in the evening, however I found myself being entertained by the goings on around me. Seeing avid fans and small children dressed like Axl Rose had me and Tom in stitches.

It was an incredibly hot day! The stadium is open and so you could feel the sun beating down on you. Drinks were harder to come by unless you were ok with losing your spot in the circle, so staff behind us were handing out free cups of water for those who needed it, something I was impressed by! However, once the music starts you forget about your aching feet and how thirsty you are, the music becomes your only focus.

This obviously continued when GnR finally lept on stage! Axl Rose opened the show with ‘It’s So Easy’, clearly a favourite with fans! Slash, a phenomenal guitarist, emerged with one guitar after another, each time smashing the chords, making it look as natural as breathing. The bass player too joining Slash numerous times, standing side by side the audience went crazy. ‘Welcome to the Jungle’ rumbled through the stadium and the crowds jumped in time as Axl Rose energetically sprang across the stage. My eyes were only on Slash at that point, the way in which he played had me mesmerised, and it’ll be an image I keep in my mind for a very long time…along with the image of Axl Rose dressed head to toe in a Union Jack inspired suit!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/concerts/guns-n-roses-reunion-arrived-london-big-brash-absolutely-brilliant/

By sundown, and after everyone sang Happy Birthday to the Queen of England, they started to perform ‘Nightrain’ and ‘Paradise City’ (absolute favourites of mine) so in turn my excitement went through the roof. We were jumping with the rest of the crowd, I couldn’t stop smiling, the atmosphere was incredible and again, something I won’t forget! Towards the end of ‘Paradise City’, there was an explosion of confetti and strobing lights, the stadium still jumping up and down and erupting as the confetti canons did! At this point I didn’t want it to end, I didn’t want to go home, back to reality after experiencing that, I wanted to do it all over again!

Although I was sad it was over, I was so grateful to have been lucky enough to have seen and experience the legendary Guns n’ Roses live! Tom had seen them the previous night, how many people can say they’ve experienced that twice in 24 hours? Not many I reckon! Moral of the story is, go to a rock gig, pop it on your bucket list, give it a chance, because I’m so glad that I did!
https://www.ticket-selection.com/shop/concert-tickets/guns-n-roses-tickets/guns-n-roses-queen-elizabeth-olympic-park-16062017/

***
I hope you enjoyed this post, and I'll be back next week with a brand new blog post for you all! Have a good week guys :)
***
WHERE TO FIND ME

Comments

Popular Posts