A Cocktail Perfect for Al Fresco Dining

Spot the cat? Haha ;) Before I get properly into this, I have to get the boring stuff out of the way first...you must be 18 or over to consume alcohol in the UK and so therefore, you must be 18 or over to make and/or drink the cocktail featured in today's blog post. Please drink responsibly.

How to make your own berry cocktail

I'm a sucker for mixed berries, particularly in the summer. So I wondered what I could add to certain fruit juices to make a refreshingly delicious alcoholic beverage. Having done a bit of research (and with some trial and error) I came up with this quick, simple and relatively cheap to make cocktail, so I thought I'd share the recipe with you all. If you're having a couple of people round from a back garden shindig, then you can easily make a pitcher of the stuff so there's enough to go around. What's more, you won't need a cocktail shaker or any fancy ingredients to give this a drink a bash - even more reason to give it a try :)

Ingredients for one glass (adjust accordingly for a pitcher)

*A handful of berries (can be a mixture of berries or a handful of one particular kind if you'd prefer)
*50ml vodka (25ml for a single shot)
*Tsp. fresh lemon juice
*75ml berry juice (can be fresh or from a carton, I opted for a mixed berry fruit juice)
*A handful of ice (you decide how much or little you'd like)
*Soda water (to top the glass off)
*Tsp. of sugar (optional, I didn't add any to mine, but it's up to you)

Method

1. Take a handful of berries and drop them into the bottom of the glass.

2. Add the vodka, berry juice, lemon juice and sugar (optional) then take the end of a wooden spoon and stir. There's no need to be gentle here as the slight bruising of the berries will release more flavour into the cocktail.

3. Drop some ice in, it can be cubed or crushed, again, it's up to you. Once done, give it another stir with the end of the spoon then add more berries if you wish.

4. Top the mixture off with some soda water and enjoy with friends in the garden for a refreshing, tasty twist on a classic berry drink.

NOTE: You can make this non-alcoholic by simply not adding the vodka, perfect for if there are any youngsters under the age of 18 who are attending your small outdoor gathering.

The neighbours' cat decided to hang out with me when I took these photos, which made a lovely change, especially for all you cat lovers :)
***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, let me know if you gave it a go or if there are any cocktails you've tried at home recently that turned out to be just as delicious! I will see you again with a brand new blog post for you very soon, until then, stay safe :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts