*A Delicious Protein Boost | Müller Corner Icelandic Style SKYR Yoghurts

 

*This post contains gifted products

I'm one of those people who love to eat yoghurts for breakfast, but it's always so disappointing when you start to feel hungry again only a couple of hours after eating one. BUT, I think I may have found the perfect solution to my thin yoghurt breakie problem. The folks over at Müller were kind enough to send me a whole bag full of delicious Icelandic Style SKYR yoghurts to try, something I was excited about considering it claims to contain 13g of protein - perfect for a scrumptious, filling breakfast or as a pre-gym snack.

Containing a decent amount of thick, creamy, tangy yoghurt and an adequate amount of nut and granola mix, it seemed too good not to share with anyone else. So I gave some to my boyfriend, parents and siblings to try in order to get their verdict on the new product. I'll share their thoughts, along with mine, later on in the post.

Bigger than your average Corner yoghurt? My first impressions

Having claimed that this is now the biggest Corner yoghurt on the market, Müller definitely haven't left me disappointed. You only have to look at the pot to see that it's clearly larger than your classic Corner alternative. This was further solidified when I peeled back the foil to find the pot was filled to the brim with rich, velvety smooth yoghurt. The accompanying granola, in the corner pot, didn't look to be enough to adequately combine with the yoghurt to give you an evenly distributed yoghurt/granola mix - this goes for all three flavours.

The packaging looks great, giving a fresh, crisp take on the original Corners. I feel like this was a great move at is it makes the pot itself stand out on the supermarket shelf as well as setting it apart from other Corner varieties on sale. These are on sale right now in Morrison's if you fancied taking a gander.

Putting them through the taste test

I was given three different flavours to try: nuts and chocolate coated balls, raspberry and hazelnut and banana and almond. All three were very nice and exceptionally filling so I wouldn't recommend eating one for pudding after a substantial meal. However, they're perfect for breakfast or as a snack before a workout, mainly because they apparently contain 13g of protein.

I'm going to take you through what I thought to each flavour, including the yoghurt used and the granola contents/amount. So feel free to skip to the one you're most interest in.


Nuts & Chocolate Coated Balls

This was my favourite flavour, mainly because the granola and chocolate balls work so well together with the slight tanginess of the yoghurt. My only issue with it is that I don't think there's enough granola to give the crunch in every bite that I expected. In comparison to other granola yoghurts I've tired, this isn't the best in that sense, but I did find it more filling than other brands who have launched a breakfast-style product.

The flavour was great overall, I feel like this yoghurt packs the biggest punch when compared to the fruit alternatives. For that reason, I'd be a lot more likely to repurchase this particular variety over the others, purely based on its flavour. This opinion was supported and agreed by my family and my partner!


Raspberry & Hazelnut

Once again, the yoghurt is deliciously creamy and you get a generous amount! But the problem still remains when it comes to the granola, the amount you get relative to the yoghurt isn't great. I feel like the granola/yoghurt ratio is more important with this one as the only raspberry flavour that really shines through only comes from the dried raspberry pieces in the granola itself.

I, along with others I shared this particular yoghurt with, agreed that perhaps the yoghurt should be slightly flavoured to enhance the sweet raspberry taste. If the yoghurt needs to be plain, then I suggest a bit more granola should be provided - just a thought. Having said that, my mum told me that this flavour was her favourite one, so it's not all bad!


Banana & Almond

This flavour was probably the least prominent out of the three, mainly because the problem was the same as the raspberry one - the banana flavour only comes from the dried banana in the granola, and so you can't really taste it unless you really look for it. I think this yoghurt needs to be flavoured more so than the others for the aforementioned reasons! 

Overall, this flavour wouldn't be our first choice compared to the other two yoghurts available in this range. If you prefer a more subtle flavour when it comes to yoghurts then this would be ideal, but sadly, we were left slightly disappointed with this one.


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know if you've tried these before or if you're likely to pick some up and give them a go. Leave your thoughts about them in the comments below as it would be interesting to see what my readers reckon to these new yoghurts. I'll see you again really soon with a brand new blog post for you.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts