Things I Love & Hate About Winter

I thought this would be a pretty good blog post to start the year off with. Mainly because it did actually snow three days ago (although not the same extent as the snow in the above picture, which was taken in November 2021) which inspired me to write this blog post :) 

So let's start off with on a positive note by listing everything I love about winter and then switch to everything I hate about the season. You should let me know in the comments what you love and hate about winter - I'd love to know!

Everything I love about winter

  • Christmas shopping (even though it's been and gone already, haha)
  • Eating warming, hearty food, like casseroles, stews and pies
  • Lighting the log burner 
  • The view outside when it snows (the photo above was taken from our upstairs window)
  • Seeing all the Christmas lights (again, been and gone but still lovely to see)
  • Walking through piles of crispy leaves
  • not feeling guilt about staying indoors
  • Getting to see the sunrise and sunset each day
  • Wearing warm, cuddly jumpers 
  • Putting my feet inside soft, springy slippers
  • Getting to use brushed cotton or fleecy bedding
  • Drinking mugs of hot chocolate when I feel cold
  • Taking low, hot baths more often

Everything I hate about winter

  • Dark mornings and afternoons
  • Ice
  • Extremely low temperatures
  • Travelling in the snow
  • Paying the heating bill, haha
  • Everyone coming down with flus or colds 
  • Taking the Christmas decorations down
  • Getting out of bed in the freezing cold
  • Scraping ice off the car windscreen, windows and wing mirrors
  • Being cold getting out of the shower
***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you love and hate about winter and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts