4 Tips for Hosting the Perfect Coffee Morning


Coffee mornings are a great way of getting people together. They can be used to talk openly about thoughts and feelings as well as make money for charity in some cases. I know when I was little, my mum would often go to coffee mornings with other mums from my school. But these days, for me, coffee mornings gives friends a chance to chat and catch up, generally. So what do I do to make sure that I'm hosting the perfect coffee morning for everyone? 

1. Prepare, prepare, prepare

Like with anything, the execution is in the planning. Whether it's a simple cup of coffee with no food right up to coffee, cake and sandwiches, I'll still put the same amount of effort into preparing for it. This means that I won't run out of anything and I can also rest knowing that everyone will be catered for. 

Be sure to find out whether people need milk alternatives, like soya or oat milk. Do any of your attendees have any allergies? Is there anything they don't like? Make sure you find all of this out beforehand and so your shopping according to that. I always like to make sure the coffee machine is topped up with beans and that I have enough milk, as a bare minimum. 

2. Organise your designated space

You need to make sure that your living space is ready to receive your guests. No matter the reason for hosting your coffee morning, your visitors need to feel welcome and comfortable in your home, so make sure the space you've chosen to host your coffee morning in is ready for that.

The smaller details could include laying out some coasters or place mats in preparation for the serving of nibbles and drinks, especially if the beverages are going to be hot (you might prefer an iced coffee in the summertime). 

Will your guests need a fork to eat their cakes? If so, make sure there are enough laid out to cater for everyone. If you do the small things before they arrive, then the only thing left to do is make and serve the food and drinks. 

Would your guests want to read a magazine while they wait for you to prepare beverages or will they talk amongst themselves? Do you want to put some music on or keep things soft and quiet? Gauge the vibe: quiet and sophisticated or informal and fun? 

3. Try to host it in a room with a comfy sofa

I've already touched upon this further up - where you host your coffee morning needs to be comfortable for your guests, mainly because you could be there for quite a while. I like to sit and drink coffee on the sofa, at the coffee table as opposed to at the dining table on a wooden chair. 

Use it as an excuse to kick back and relax rather than as an opportunity to host something formal, like a dinner party. People will be showing up in jeans and a jumper rather than dresses and shirts.

4. Make sure there's something sweet for people to enjoy

Just because it's called a 'coffee morning' doesn't mean to say that you only have to serve coffee. Coffee is quite bitter, but tastes amazing. Often, the best thing to go alongside a hot cup of coffee is something sweet. 

I find that bite sized things work best as you can buy a few things for a good selection as opposed to one big cake that you cut into slices. However, the more you have, the more leftovers you'll acquire, which means you can send your friends home with some sweet bakes. If you're raising money for charity, however, bake some bits and bobs and sell them instead of giving them away.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below whether you've recently put on a coffee morning for your friends and whether or not you followed any of my tips! I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts