Everything I Loved in January

January has been one of those months where nothing has been going right, really. I've had car trouble and we've started renovating the hallway, which hasn't been straightforward either, when it really should have been. I also experienced quite bad back pain at one point, meaning so far this year it's not been terrific. 

However, there have been some good moments throughout the month, which is why I like doing these. It forces me to focus on the good parts rather than the bad. So with that in mind, here's everything I have loved this month.

The Apprentice

This is somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine. I know it's not as good as it used to be, but it's incredibly juicy and I love it! I love the drama and the arguments. It's just like being back at school, right in the middle of someone's unspoken rift. The tension is there and everything is telling you that something will kick off, but it's just a matter of when and that's why I watch The Apprentice, and probably will do for as long as it's on the telly.

Monopoly

I'm not usually one for board games, but this month, Monopoly has been the game that we've loved to play. Whether it be just Tom and I or the rest of our family, you can't beat the classic games. We have the original version and also the Queen version of Monopoly (as in the rock band). For some people, Monopoly might be their idea of a nightmare, but not for us! We could play it for hours, and have been this month.

A family dinner

At the start of the month, our family got together for a long-awaited dinner together. Christmas was a little different this year, with things not going as well as we'd planned. So we decided, at the start of this month, to do something of a Christmas do-over, so we went out as a family and had a wonderful dinner together. I don't have any pictures from the night, but I do have some wonderful memories :)

Birthday celebrations

This month, my cousin turned thirty, so we all went over to Warwick for a celebratory meal. It was a really lovely, intimate family affair with lots of great food and drink. We had a good catch up as a lot of that side of the family live quite far away, so it was nice to be brought up to speed with what everyone was doing and how they were. 

Starting some wedding plans

January has meant that we've started wedding plans. We're not looking at getting married in the immediate future, but it' close enough that we really need to pull our fingers out and start booking venues etc so we can have the date we want. We would also like to give everyone plenty of notice and to have all of the options available. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll keep you posted with where we are in the process, but I won't be giving away any details!

Giving blood for the 14th time

I gave blood for the 14th time this month, and I'm booked in again in May to give another pint. It was a different visit this time as I was told that I have, what you'd call, NEO blood, which means that the blood I give, for the foreseeable future, will go to premature babies on the Neonatal unit at whichever hospital it goes to - how amazing is that? Read more about NEO blood here, it's actually pretty rare to find NEO blood in the population, apparently. I was the second person the phlebotomist has seen in six months with NEO blood!

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you've been loving this month and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts