Everything I Loved in February

We're two months into the year already, which I can't quite believe. I know I say that every month, but it's so true. But I suppose February is a very short month by nature, so it wouldn't have taken us long at all to slide into March (which is almost upon us). So in monthly fashion, here's everything I loved in February!

Pip

My parents recently got a new dog - a little cockapoo called Pip. She's only about 8 or 9 weeks old in the picture I included below, so she's full of beans and ever so tiny. A small ball of full and energy, as all puppies are! She's so cute and very pretty. She hasn't had her vaccinations yet so she can't go out at the moment but she's definitely on her way! You'll likely be seeing a lot more Pip content :)

Our new front door

This front door has been a long time coming. You might not know what it looked like before, but I'll be sure to include a before picture in a dedicated blog post I have coming up. We are so pleased with it. It's the perfect colour and there's no longer a terrible draught that keeps coming through the hallway, up the stairs and onto the landing. It is so much more modern and far more secure than the old one, so it was definitely needed. Keep your eyes peeled for that dedicated blog post, though.

Having a couple of days off work

It was nice to take some of the stress off for a couple of days this month. I spent one day relaxing and painting doors for the hallway and landing and the other day I spent outside with Tom. We also managed to get round and see my parents' new puppy again, which was lovely. She's so full of beans still and it's lovely to see! Anyway, I felt like my batteries had been recharged and I was ready for another week to begin.

Making some real headway with the hallway, stairs & landing

I won't be putting any pictures on in this post because I want to do a follow up, progress blog post about our hallway, stairs and landing. But we've really made some headway on the hallway, stairs and landing. We've added new architraves and skirting boards and sanded down the stairs ready for painting. 

As you know, we've also had a new front door installed and we've removed two door frames and put a new one in. We didn't replace the other door frame as we wanted it to look like an alcove rather than an old doorway. You'll be sure to see some more progress pictures in a few weeks, but if you want to see some real-time progress, then make sure you follow me on Instagram :)

Finalising our wedding venue

A weight was lifted this month with regards to wedding preparation. We have booked the venue, the church and a wedding band, so we're now going to take the weight off and relax for a few months. All we have to do is send out some 'save the date' cards and jobs a good'en for a while! How exciting is that? You probably won't hear much about the wedding until it actually happens, but we're keeping our cards close to our chest for now!

My new jumper: a red & pink colour combo

This new jumper is from Sainsbury's, believe it or not and it's the softest, warmest, boldest jumper I have in my wardrobe. In fact, it's become a firm favourite this month. It was also a really good price, coming in at around £20 with 25% off. You might still be able to get it online. If you can, I'll link it here for you.

Happy Valley

If you've never seen Happy Valley, then you're seriously missing out. It's full of nail-biting moments, from season one right through to season three (the final season). It's incredibly well written and the story line is watertight throughout. 

With grizzly scenes and shocking twists and turns, the BBC have outdone themselves with regards to gritty drama. Make sure you check it out on BBC iPlayer when you have a moment. It won't take you too long to complete as there are three seasons with six episodes in each. Enjoy!

Call the Midwife

My mum watches this religiously every Sunday, and she has done since 2013, when it first started. She's been trying to get me to watch it for a while now, but at Christmas, we watched the special episode together and it really gripped me. So I decided to watch it from the beginning and I'm in love with it. I can't believe that I didn't start watching it any sooner. 

You might think it's about women giving birth and looking after babies, but there's really much more to it than that. It touches on societal issues and how we have moved on from certain practices. It also contains some multi-strand narratives, so there's a lot going on that you might not expect. So give it a chance if you didn't think it was for you to begin with. You might find that you're pleasantly surprised. 

My new home Instagram account

I have started a brand new home account on Instagram, called 'lifeatbakewell'. I thought I'd drop some of the home spam from my general Instagram account and stick it all on a dedicated home account. So if you're interested in keeping up with our home renovations progress in real time, then go on over and give that a follow :)

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below what you've been loving over February and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts