E.L.F Cosmetics Haul

I finally took the plunge during E.L.F's 50% off offer, to grab some great products at great prices.



Brushes






1. Blush Brush - Studio Line



Original Price: £3.75
Half Price Offer: £1.80






This brush looks very promising as a blusher brush! I am very  excited to try it, the bristles aren't too thick or loose and it is very soft so I have high hopes for this particular brush, I will keep you posted with a review once I get the chance to start using it!






I initially purchased this brush specially for applying and blending out specifically cream blushers and bronzers. Although I am very intrigued to try it out with powder blushers too, although its not a brush I would use to contour the cheeks to begin with, I would blend bronzer in with this brush so as not to ruin my angled contour brush which I use for blushers and bronzers.



2. Angled Contour Brush - Studio Line



Original Price: £3.75
Half Price Offer: £1.80






Like the blush brush, I am very excited to start using this to contour colour into the crease of my eye, creating dimension. The bristles, again, seem thick and very sturdy. Its not a particularly densely packed brush but it looks to be pretty good quality for the price I initially paid.






I decided to take a picture from this angle so you could see the contour of the brush rather than it just looking like a normal blending eye brush. Again, I will try it and give you guys a verdict!



3. Blending Eye Brush - Basic Line



Original Price: £1.50
Half Price Offer: 75p






Upon close inspection, this was the brush that I was a little disappointed about. Some of the hair looks to be roughly 2mm longer than the head of the rest of the brush, now if you are saying "2mm, that's not that bad, come on woman", than I can safely say, on a brush with a head this size, 2mm is pretty long, I had to cut them down to the size of the rest of the hairs so they wont carry excess amount of product.






Once again, here is a close up of the actual head of the brush, you can see the hairs have not been tapered perfectly but the brush originally cost £1.50, so I 'm not surprised the brush isn't as good as the other studio line brushes.



Makeup Products







1. Blusher - 'Tickled Pink'


Original Price: £3.75
Half Price Offer: £1.80









First impressions of this product are very good, this particular blush seems very pigmented and also pretty shimmery, its still very easy to wear though, it could even be used as one's everyday blush. It does have slight red undertones to it, but only very slight so don't be put off. As you can see from the swatch above, it looks like a very 'easy-to-wear' colour. I 'm looking forward to using it soon!



2. Blusher - Candid Coral



Original Price: £3.75
Half Price Offer: £1.80









As you can tell, the two colours are not too dissimilar to each other. This one, as you can expect, is a lot less pink than 'Tickled Pink'. One thing I have noticed is that this one is pretty sheer, it took a few coats to get this kind of colour pay off on my hand! So overall I am pretty disappointed by this particular blushers, but I think it would look great if you just wanted to add some colour to your face, just be a little more generous with this blusher than you would any other.



Contouring Powders



Blush and Bronzing Cream Contour Kit



Original Price: £3.75
Half Price Offer: £1.80









Ok so upon first glance it looks very nice, they are obviously a blusher and a bronzer. The bronzer looks especially easy to work with and doesn't look too dark, the same applies to the blusher.






As you can tell from the swatch above, the colour pay off from the blusher is very strong, just from this I can see that I will probably be using this cream blusher more than my powdered ones. It went on very creamy and it was also easy to pick up some great colour from one swipe of the palette.






The swatch of the bronzer above shows that it will be easy to work with. It doesn't look too light or too dark and it was very easy to blend into the hand. I just used a finger to blend it in instead of brush which is what I would use generally if I was going to apply it properly and not being lazy ;)

That was my E.L.F haul and I hoped you enjoyed it :)
_____________________________________________________________


WHERE TO FIND ME
My Twitter
My Instagram
Read My Other Posts on Blogger
Read My Other Posts on Glipho











Comments