Get Ready With Me! | FOTD

AFTER
I haven't actually done one of these before, but I thought it would be interesting if I did one of these for you guys! I often have my makeup this way and some of you may ask me via inbox, Twitter, or by leaving a comment asking me to do a tutorial, I don't really want to go down the 'tutorial' route on my channel as I am not a professional and I am 100% certain that a few people will tell me I am doing something wrong etc, so I have always been put off by the idea of doing tutorials, but as a nice alternative, I thought this might put some demands to rest! So enjoy!




BEFORE
Step 1: The Face


Ok, so before anything else, you will need to use some type of foundation, the one I use is the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in 'True Ivory' (PRICE: £8.99). I love this foundation as it does not have a full or high coverage but it covers up any blemishes you have and gives a healthy, dewy glow. The foundation is buildable so if you prefer the more polished look, then you could add another layer if you so wished.




Next up, I will use concealer, I apply this after the foundation because I feel it just eliminates any black or redness that the foundation has missed, if you are going to do this, make sure you use a good face blending or stippling brush for this. I always set my concealer BEFORE setting the foundation just to give it some extra leverage, I set concealer usually with loose translucent powder, although I do not have a picture to show you, any loose translucent powder should do in theory. The concealer that I am using is a Natural Collection one in the colour 'fair' (PRICE: £1.99)





The obvious next step would be to apply the powder to set the foundation in place. I use a translucent powder to set with for everyday use, however if I was going for a night out, I would use a coloured powder to add extra coverage to the skin. My choice of powder for today is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 'Transparent (PRICE: £3.99)', I find this not to be too drying or powdery as is often the case with so called 'matte' powders, this one lets the skin breathe and it is not too cakey either which is a massive plus side!





Step 2: Blusher and Bronzer

Personally, this is my favourite part of a makeup look, applying the bronzer and especially the blusher! The bronzer I have decided to use today is an MUA one in shade 3 (PRICE: £1). I can understand why one would be a bit dubious about trying this bronzer seeing as it is so cheap but I can assure you that it is not muddy, orange or cakey in anyway, just make sure you have a good brush and apply it in really smaller quantities, especially if you are a beginner for bronzer!










Next stop, blusher! This is my personal favourite part of the look, applying the blusher, today, I chose to use my Cover Girl blusher which is not easy to get hold of in the UK and unfortunately, the name of it has rubbed off as well! Sad times! I purchased this for around $4.59 - ish, so that would be around the £2-3 mark which is uber cheap! If you ever get the chance to travel to the USA then my advice to you would be to stock up on makeup because for us British, it is mega cheap!





 Step 3: The Eyes


I will always apply the eye shadow before applying any eye liner or mascara, the eye shadow that I will be using today is a Rimmel Metallic Eye Gloss in the colour 'Soho' (PRICE: £3.98) . I really like the way in which it applies, it goes onto the lid so smoothly, it doesn't really smell of anything, you could place the product onto your eye lid by simply just using your finger, you could even blend it out with your finger as well, but if you were looking for a more polished look, you can blend it with a brush if you preferred.











Next, I will apply eye liner, the eye liner that I use is Maybelline Express Kohl Pencil Liner in 'Black' (PRICE £2.99) I do really like this eye liner! I have not been a massive fan of liquid liner so it will be very rare that you see me review one, but I love kohl liners especially because they smudge out so nicely! If you didn't want that smudged look, it still looks great and it is very pigmented, the only down side to this is that it will need sharpening a lot more than your average pencil liner because kohl liners are a lot softer and creamier in consistency.






The next stage in the proceedings would now be mascara (obviously, how could we leave this out?!). My favourite at the minute (and has been for a long time) is the Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof Mascara in the colour 'black' (PRICE:£6.99-£7.99) Not only does it not smudge, it also transfers well onto the bottom lash line as well, giving a natural look to the eyes and therefore making you seem a lot more awake! As with many mascaras, a couple of coats usually does the trick depending on how long or thick your lashes are!









Step 4: The Lipstick

My go-to lipstick has been the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in Number 05 Rosetto (PRICE: £5.49). I love the Kate Moss lipsticks, they are super pigmented, they taste nice, they are always really creamy and very long lasting for such a reasonably priced lipstick! I definitely recommend these to anyone who hates dry or chalky lipsticks! It doesn't feel uncomfortable on the lips, nor does it feel sticky, its got a very nice consistency and the quality is fabulous for the price.










I love this colour! Not only is it great for the Spring and Summer months, but it is also great worn in the Autumn and Winter months too, just to add some colour to the lips! Like the Wake Me Up foundation, the colour is buildable, so if you would like a simple, more natural toned pink, then only apply one layer and smooth over the lips, but if you wanted it for a night out or during the day in the Spring and Summer, than you can add on a few more coats to achieve a brighter colour pay-off.




______________________________________________________



Hope you enjoyed reading this post! Let me know if you would like to see this kind of post again and I will happily do another for you in the near future! Have a nice day and see you next time, Lorna X.
______________________________________________________



WHERE TO FIND ME
Instagram
My Blogger/BlogSpot Home Page
My Glipho Blog Home Page
Twitter


DISCLAIMER
I have not been paid or sponsored to make this blog post All views and opinions are my own. No Copyright infringement intended.

























Comments