My Clubbing Essentials For First Timers PLUS Hints and Tips to Keep You Safe






I understand that to you first time clubbers, it might seem very straight forward and simple to pack your essentials for a night out, but, you are probably wrong. Although some of what I have learnt has come from trial and error, other things are just based upon common sense. Unlike some other posts that I have seen surrounding the same sort of topic, I have decided to include some hints and tips for YOUR OWN SAFETY, if you are going to read even one section of this blog post, that should be the section to read so, without further a do, lets get on with it!



First thing you are going to need, is a clutch bag. I always make sure I have a plain black clutch, mine is actually a patent one because I have patent black heels to match (It is always good to get your shoes and clutch to match colour wise, and, if you like, even match material wise, for example, you can have a pair of black suede heels and a black patent clutch, this would not look as nice as having patent black heels with a patent black clutch, or even black suede heels with a black suede clutch!).


I would always get a black matching set of some description o start you off as you can wear them with more outfits, instead of spending a fortune on lots of different heels. Patent black usually goes with everything, so black and preferably patent clutch and heels is always going to be your best bet and also the easiest to get hold of. If you are finding it difficult to find a patent black clutch (I know I did) then check online, I actually found mine in H&M for a bargain price of just £4!



Now you have your clutch and matching heels (oohh sassy!), you can now fill it with your clubbing essentials. Below I have constructed some of my main items when clubbing, split up by my own 'night out' snaps for fun ;)
Bring a small or flat purse. Every bit of space in a girls clutch bag is precious, so don't waste it!





Take a travel hair spray. Whether you have your hair down, fringe down, have curly hair or straight hair, this pocket hair spray will be your best friend. Just make sure your clutch bag is thick enough to fit one in, if it does, place it lying down, at the bottom to make the most of what little space you have to play with.





Bring hand sanitizer. It may sound strange but toilets in a night club are not the cleanest of places. Trust me, I have seen enough sick puddles and 'lady things' (nudge nudge wink wink) scattered all over the toilet cubicles to know that just washing your hands with water and cheap soup is not enough to keep the bacteria away! Believe me when I say, you have no idea what people have been doing in there, so be in and out as quickly as humanly possible.





Obviously take your mobile phone, ID and a bus card or emergency taxi fare if the buses don't float your boat.





Make sure you have a travel SPRAY on deodorant. Roll on is fine, but it is not very convenient when trying to apply it. A simply 'spray on' is clean and efficient, and it can also smell much nicer!





Bring cheap makeup to touch up. I will always apply more expensive makeup when I am getting ready, simply for the durability factor, however, when I do go out, I want to make sure that if I do lose something, it didn't cost me a lot of money. MUA lipsticks are my favourite lipsticks to take out with me, they only cost £1 and come in many different colours, so one of them is bound to match one of your more expensive lipsticks! Eye liner is also something that I bring with me, I like to apply pencil liner to the water line, and due to sweating and just general wear and tear, it will wear off after some time, I will apply my MAC pencil liner in Coffee, simply because the brown does smudge a lot nicer and can give a smokier look. Lipstick and eye liner are my main essentials, I don't usually bring any powder, if you get a good powder to apply at home, there should be no need for touch ups throughout the night, that is why I love my Urban Decay Powder so much!





A small mirror is also really handy when going out, especially if you have been wearing a particularly bright or pigmented lipstick.







Now, onto the safety hints and tips, if you learn anything from this post, this should be the thing to take.
  • Try not to take any money out in town, although, to some of you, this may be impossible, but not only does this save you some money, it may also prevent you from being mugged or jumped on at the cash point.
  • Do not go to the toilet on your own. Although it may sound stupid, and maybe even a bit 'wimpy', it can stop someone from mugging you, or stealing things while your back is turned. There can occasionally be situations where girls have been attacked in toilets, but don't let this put you off clubbing, I haven't had a bad experience yet!  It very rarely happens, just please make sure that its not you! By the way, if you need the toilet, tell your group where you are going and who is going with you, this means they can track you down easily if you should need to leave the club for whatever reason.
  • Do not take your hands or eyes off your clutch bag. During a night out, it has to be the one thing you keep with you at all times! Even if it doesn't have a strap! It is so easy for someone to walk off with it or take things out of it if you don't keep your hands and eyes on it!
  • Don't wear expensive jewellery. This is not necessarily when you are dancing in a club, although it could come off and you could potentially lose it, but it is when you are going home. If you are under the influence of alcohol, your defence mechanisms have automatically lowered, this makes it so much easier for someone to snatch your expensive jewellery, muggers are clever, they know that if you are on your way home, you may have an iPhone on you which is valuable, but they assume that all your cash has been spent, so the only thing left to take would be your expensive jewellery items. I always get my jewellery for clubbing in Primark, because it is cheap and obviously costume jewellery so not worth anything at all to a mugger! Once again, *touch wood* this has never happened to me, and it rarely happens, I just want you to be aware of the different situations.
  • Make sure you get home safely, the only way that I ensure I do this is by not getting too plastered. After the occasional night out, I often rock up at home at half 2 in the morning, but I am never drunk, very tipsy, yes, but still sober enough to be aware of my surroundings. I have to get a bus home, the night bus drops me off right down the road from my house. Often, my ever so wonderful dad will come and meet me before I head off home.
  • Make sure you keep your friends posted as to where you are after you have split and gone home. I always like to make sure my friends have got home safely, and vice a versa. Just don't make it too obvious that you are using your phone if someone happens to be around.
  • If you think someone is following you on your way home, walk a little faster, if it still feels like you are being followed, cross the road. This has never happened to me, but if they cross the road with you and you still have a little way to go to your house, do not go round any back streets, make sure you stick to the main roads, here, people are more likely to see you. If you still feel freaked out, notify the police, your area should have a community police number which is not meant for immediate emergencies, but more for minor crimes or coincidences such as someone following you home for example, if you do this, they will give you detailed instructions as to what to do from there. My parents are members of the neighbourhood watch, and this is what they have been told by the police and community officers in your area. All police stations are open 24 hours a day, if you have any other queries as to what to do in this situation then you need to ask them. Hopefully, you never have to, but, just in case!
  • Keep your drinks safe! When ordering a drink, make sure you watch them make it, and take it with you, even on to the dance floor, don't leave it at the bar, or for anyone to look after, they may slip something into it which could harm you and even potentially kill you. If you have a drink in a bottle, always keep your thumb over the top of it when you are not drinking it. You may be thinking 'well if someone put a substance in it, surely I would see it, smell it and even taste it', well no, you wouldn't, often these substances are odourless, tasteless and colourless, no one would ever know that something was in your drink that could harm you. Never accept a pre poured drink off someone, if they want to buy you a drink, then let them, because you have seen it being made, but if someone just offers you a drink that you haven't seen being poured, then do not drink it! They could have done anything to it.
Ok, so I now realise I have probably put you off clubbing for life now with my safety hints and tips! Sorry about that! But I promise you, its not all doom and gloom and you can have a great time, just follow these simple rules and instructions and I promise that you will have the time of your life! Stay safe now and enjoy yourselves!
____________________________________________________________



Thanks for reading! Have a nice day and I shall speak to you next time!
Did it help you? Let me know in the comment section.
Don't forget to follow!
____________________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME
My Instagram
My Twitter
Check Out My Other Posts
My Glipho Blog Page







Comments

Post a Comment