I'VE MOVED IN AT UNIVERSITY


I know you're probably sick to death of hearing about people moving in to university, but it's a big thing, moving away from your family, not for one year, but for three, sometimes longer! For a lot of people, it's not a simple trip away, as well as it being one of the most exciting and important things to happen to me in my life, it's also one of the most terrifying, the prospect of moving away from home was scary, but yesterday, it actually happened. I'm sat at my desk, looking out onto the courtyard of my chosen university halls (or dorms if you're American). It's a bright, sunny, warm day today, and I am yet to enrol properly. Right now, it's just gone twenty five past two, I need to enrol at the Campus Centre at half past three, I did have plans to go and walk around the city for a bit, but chose to stay and chat with my flat mates. I think we're off to the pub later though ;)

I'm just eating a cheese sandwich and a banana for lunch as I haven't eaten yet, not even breakfast! I really should have had a banana then shouldn't I? Oh well, I thought I'd write this before I nip off out. After I enrol I want to go to Tesco to get some bits, I bought some things yesterday when my family were here, enough for dinner and lunch for a few days, but I'm yet to buy some washing powder etc. I also need sandwich bags and other boring things, but that shouldn't take too long :) a frying pan and a saucepan would be good as well, the kitchen inventory is very limited at the moment so I think I'll go out and buy a few more things of my own instead of us all sharing one saucepan.

We each have our own little shelf in the fridge, I have the bottom shelf because it's a little deeper than the others, I also have the bottom draw in the freezer, the draws are all the same size so it made no difference to me either way :) We also have 2 cupboards each which is more than enough, I keep a lot of my food in my room, just the things that don't require chilling. It's just easier than having to go the kitchen all the time, especially if you're running late and just need some things to chuck in your hand bag, all the doors bang shut because they're fire doors, so it would be annoying to have to keep going in and out of rooms etc, but then again, I don't plan on staying in my room very much at all, especially once we get our timetables :)

I got unpacked and all settled in yesterday, I won't be doing a room tour or anything, I will put add some photos to this post though just so you get an idea of what the room is like and what I've done with everything. The window is pretty big, bigger than I thought it would be, so my room is very light and airy, my bathroom is very small indeed, but it holds a shower, toilet, sink, towel rails, a mirror and a glass shelf for your tooth brush and things! The wardrobe is great actually, full of shelves and a nice little clothes rail, there's so much storage I still have draws that are empty, I ran out of stuff to put in them xD that's probably a good thing though, more room for new stuff right? xD

 I had the best time with my family though yesterday, we went to Soar Point for lunch which was lovely, I had a halloumi and avocado salad with a side of sweet potato fries, my dad had a chicken, bacon and avocado wrap with skinny fries, my brother had southern fried chicken strips with skinny fries and my mum had an open burrito (I'm not sure what was in it though), my sister had a New York burger which was absolutely huge, but she really enjoyed it :)


We all had a general laugh and a chat, then we went off to Tesco, where I got cold feet and wanted to go home because it was becoming so very real, but after a few tears, a hug and a good talk with my parents, they persuaded me to stay, the first night will always be the hardest, especially when you don't have anything to do and are alone with your own thoughts for a period of time, it's alright though when you get chatting and meeting people, it takes your mind off missing your family, but it will always be in the back of your mind!

Anyway, that aside, I'm actually having a really good time! I know the city more than I thought I did and haven't got lost yet *touches wood*, but I'm sure I will at some point xD. I'm just trying to be half an hour early for everything at the moment!

Anyway, shall I get on with it and show you the room? ;)


This is the hallway leading to my room, next to the wardrobe is the bathroom, but I won't show you that because the lighting in absolutely rubbish. I also have a little owl door stop on the floor which I featured in my 'Haul | University Supplies So Far (PART 2)' which you can read if you want :)


My desk is really big which I love, there are three deceptively big drawers, the top one has notebooks, stationary and other important paperwork in there I need for uni, the second draw has extra supplies, like extra wipes, deodorant, razors etc, it also has some 'night out' bits in there like a couple of clutch bags and some night time jewellery. The third drawer has pyjamas and gym kit in :) The chair is actually new, and our block is the only block that has them I believe. Our flat is newly refurbished so a lot of stuff is either brand new or a year or two old at the most which is awesome, the flats opposite are a lot more dated, so I definitely drew the long straw with this one :)


I got my office lamp for 99p in a charity shop which is awesome because there isn't one provided my the halls.


I keep all my food which doesn't require chilling, in this bag, there's cans of soup, baked beans, bananas, apples, snacky things (like the new Jacobs crackers which are incredibly tasty), and some 'Go' yogurt breaks which are super yummy. I also have sandwich bags and bread in there, I do have a couple of cupboards in the kitchen that I could put them in, but I just like to keep some things in my room, I might move the soup and canned beans into the cupboard though! Oh, and there's also a packet of baked potatoes in there as well :)


I have a timetable and some personal photos pinned up on my notice board, once I start getting assignments and things, I'm pretty sure it will get a lot more crowded. Above the noticeboard is a rather big shelf, I say big, there's 2 shelves, but they're pretty deep and rather tall so you could totally fit more things on there than I have, but I plan to have all my textbooks and folders up there really soon :)


This is everything I have on the bottom shelf, I love that Nescafe coffee, no other coffee can compare to that to be honest! I keep my cups in my room to prevent them getting broken, I use them, then wash them in the kitchen and bring them back after they've dried. I like to have a water filter because I hate it when my coffee or squash has a taste of chlorine in it. Tesco sparkling water is basically what I'm living on at the moment, the white grape one is my favourite :)


I like to keep my plates in here as well so they don't get broken, I also have a cook book there and a photo of my brother and I just before his prom :) I also have a photo if me and my sister at my 18th birthday party, next to that I have a couple of exercise DVDs, and just some girly films :)

Here's my bed, the sheets are Cath Kidston and the blanket is from Sainsburys :)

In these draws, I keep my bed linen and a few towels, in the one nearest the bedside table, I keep some heels and a few folders, and also a file with some financial info in it :)


I know this photo isn't the best, but here is my bedside table, in the draw, I keep a pen and a diary (as I want to keep a diary while I'm here), I also keep hair ties, hair grips and a couple of hair brushes.


Here I store a hand towel for the gym and a bottle of water which I like to have accessible to me while I'm in bed, I also have a few perfume bottles down there to keep them out of the sunlight, the pink makeup bag is kind of like a first aid kit, there's a bandage, some plasters, blister plasters, cold and flu tablets, ibuprofen, paracetamol, and basically anything else which needs to be in a medicine cabinet or a first aid box. The floral bag has all of my makeup in it.

Thank you for stopping by :) Let me know if you enjoyed it, I will see you on Wednesday with a brand new blog post for you, until then guys :)
______________________________________________
WHERE TO FIND ME
PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'TAG | I Heart Instagram'


Comments

Popular Posts