10 Things That've Made Me Happy This Week

I know this isn't an 'end of the week' post, however, a few things have happened over the past week that have made me happy, so, as always, I'm going to be sharing those things with you :) Lets begin shall we?
1) UPPING MY GAME AT THE GYM
I know that to a lot of people, this wouldn't be a big deal, but to me, its a massive progression in a bid to lose weight. I've been going at least 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks, so its not a new thing this week BUT, I also went spinning tonight (Wednesday 02/09) for the first time in what seems like ages! I forgot how much work it was! I tried pretty much every class, aerobics, Zumba, X biking, group biking etc, and not one of those sessions have matched up to spinning, its also a lot more fun regardless of how much work it is!
Since my new gym regime, I've been feeling really good, inside and out, my diet has been much better and I'm actually really proud of myself, but I've also been looking after myself, so don't worry guys, I'm not over doing it :)
2) I'M NEARLY SORTED FOR UNIVERSITY
After months of planning and (bit by bit) packing, I'm nearly ready to move out and start a new chapter in my life. Although I'm really excited, I'm also really nervous, I'm not too sure what to expect, however, I'm glad I'm going through this as a 20 year old, I think if I was 18, this whole thing would be a lot more overwhelming.
Despite that, I'm a lot more excited than nervous, just so you know :) As I'm nearly finished on the organisation front, I'm much more relaxed, especially as I start to tick really important things off my list (of which I have 2 more to tick off ;) ).
3) I DID THAT MATHS AND...I CAN GO TO NEW YORK NEXT YEAR (AGAIN :) )
I've been saving for a while, and my parents and I did the Maths and it worked out that we can actually go! I can't express to you in a blog post how utterly excited and happy I am typing this. For my 21st birthday (March 2016) I asked to go to New York again, we went a couple of years ago and I fell completely in love with the place. I can't tell you in words what it feels like to be there, its one of those things where, you have to go and see it for yourself. But it drew me in from the second I stepped off the plane and as soon as we left, I couldn't wait to go back!
This time, I want to do all the things we didn't get a chance to the last time we were there, including walking around Central Park, going to the top of the Empire State Building at night and actually be able to set foot in Time Square instead of seeing it on a tour bus. There are also so many museums to vist and I'd love to visit Ellis Island (across from The Statue of Liberty). Perhaps nearer the time, I will write a checklist of things I'd love to do, whether that be doing or seeing something new, or reliving the great memories we made while we were there last time, I promise I'll keep you all posted :)
4) LOTS OF SISTER TIME
While my little sister (she's 15 so not that little xD) has been off school for the past 6 weeks (Summer Holiday), I've been able to spend more time with her than I usually would. Most of the time, its my brother and I who spend a lot of time in each others company, but over the past few weeks, this week especially, I've been doing a lot more with her, we went shoe shopping last week, this week we went for coffee and dress shopping, then we had lunch at Bagel Nash (which is delicious by the way ;) ). Its been so fun and I've been cherishing the time we spent together, especially as I won't be at home for a while. So if you have a sister, whether she's older than you or not, make an effort and make time to do things together, that's really important :)
5) I GOT TRANSFERED (FOR WORK)
I know this sounds like a bad thing, but I have a job here, where I live with my parents, and where I'll be moving to is too far to commute to and from where I work now, so whilst I'll be working for the same company, I'll simply be moved to another branch, which makes me insanely happy as it means I can continue to save for uni, it gives me some independence, having my own income entitles me to do a lot, and I really wanted to keep my job going, and I can which is so important to me :)
6) CUCUMBER SANDWICHES
Yes, it sounds boring, but they're actually a lot more tasty than you'd think they'd be. They make for a healthy lunch :)
7) HALLOUMI AND AVOCADO SALAD
There's a place that I go to, local to us which serves the most delicious Halloumi and avocado salads, these are my one of my 2 favourite foods, so when I saw on the menu that they had tossed the 2 together in one great bowl of utter deliciousness, I had to have it! In case you're wondering, Halloumi is cheese, usually they grill it and serve it in thin slabs which you cut up and eat with other bits of the salad, usually salad can be rather bland and not really that tasty, but the cheese and avocado really spices up your taste buds, especially when eaten together, its a genius idea, how come I never thought of that? xD.
8) THE STEAM ROOM
We have a health suite at our leisure centre, newly installed, and ever since it opened, we've been paying it a visit after our workout sessions, I'm definitely more into the steam room than the sauna, I could spend up to 20 minutes in there, even though I shouldn't, although 20 minutes doesn't sound like a long time, it is when you're in that kind of heat. If you've never been in a steam room, pop it on your bucket list ;).
9) I SAW 'INSIDE OUT'
The new Disney film looked awesome in the trailers, the concept was so original, the writers of that film are incredibly clever to even think about something like that, if you haven't seen the trailer and have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, you should watch the trailer and read some reviews, because it really was amazing! I'm not saying it was the best Disney film of all time, but it was miles better than Frozen (controversial I know), but it still doesn't beat the classic, old school Disney movies! Having said that, its one of the better ones they've made, I loved it so much I want to see it again really soon, sad I know xD.
10) PICKING UP SOME 'HOMEBASE' BARGAINS
As you've probably gathered, I've been buying things for uni, so when my Dad popped into Homebase for some DIY bits, I decided to take a look in their home ware department, they also happened to have a sale on, I got an owl door stop, a photo frame and a pack of 2 memory foam pillows for under £15, at full price, they would have cost over £30 which is amazing! I know its not a huge thing, but sometimes, even the smallest of things can make me happy :)
So that concludes this Thursday's (sorry it wasn't Wednesday) blog post, but I will be back with something a lot more interesting on Sunday :)
_______________________________________
WHERE TO FIND ME

Comments

Popular Posts