What's In My Makeup Bag?


I haven't actually done anything like this on my blog before...I don't think...I've done a couple of 'What's in My Bag?' posts in the past, but I don't think I've actually shown you what I like to keep in my makeup bag which I fill with everyday essentials. Just a quick warning however, I love to change up my lipstick colour, pretty much all the time, but often they're pretty natural shades, so prepare yourself for pink and nude over load on the lip product front. Also note that this isn't all the makeup I own, its grown considerably and it would take me days to write a Makeup Collection post and probably take you hours to read it xD. But I hope you enjoy this kind of 'mini' collection nonetheless :)
I have a nice mixture of drugstore and high-end makeup so it suits everyone, lets begin shall we?
THE MAKEUP BAG
Lace Stripe Cosmetic Bag

From: Cath Kidston
Price: £8 (was £12)
I have always been a massive advocate of Cath Kidston makeup and wash bags, they're waterproof, good sizes and look pretty, what more could you want? Each bag can accommodate for whatever you want it for, they sell small ones for your handbag, slightly bigger ones for a travel makeup bag/wash bag, a larger one for shampoos and things to take on a weekend away, and an even larger one for simply keeping in the bathroom, or if you have a somewhat extensive makeup or toiletry collection. I would check them out the next time you need a makeup bag, they also come in a variety of prints, shapes and sizes, so they could even make the perfect gift for someone.
SKIN/COMPLEXION/FACE MAKEUP
Maybelline 'Fit Me' Concealer (15)
From: feelunique.com
Price: £5.10
I was looking for a good concealer for a while after my Collection 'Lasting Perfection' concealer AND my Rimmel 'Match Perfection' concealer ran out. After doing some research and a bit of browsing on 'Feel Unique', I found this one, and so far it seems to be working for me, in fact, I would go as far as to say its probably just as good, if not better, than the Collection 'Lasting Perfection' concealer which everyone seems to know and love. This has a creamy consistency, it isn't difficult to blend in and it matched my skin tone pretty well, it doesn't crease and it hardly wears (for me anyway). When I take my makeup off at night, you can see the remainder of the concealer on the cotton pad, which proves how long wearing it is. Give this a go next time you go on the hunt for a new concealer, so far, I'm pretty impressed.
Rimmel 'Match Perfection' Foundation (100 Ivory)

From: feelunique.com
Price: £7.99
I'm not one for trying high-end foundations, in my personal opinion, I think they can be a bit hit or miss. So instead of potentially wasting lots of money a foundation that may not work for me, I prefer to stick to the brands I know and love, and one of those brands is Rimmel. If you've been following me for a while, you will know that I love Rimmel's extensive makeup range, everything from their eye primers to their nail polishes, and their foundations are no different. I tried and loved their 'Wake Me Up' foundation, and I still do, I just prefer to dabble in it over the Summer. But the 'Match Perfection' foundation has had rave reviews and so I bought a bottle some time ago, and actually finished it, which never happens with me. I needed to order a new one because I missed it that much. This foundation is long lasting, looks natural (depending how much you build it up), it doesn't crease under the eyes or dry out around my nose. I don't really wear powder, unless I'm going on a night out, which just proves that its great for everyday wear as it doesn't fade throughout the day. Next time you need a new foundation, don't waste money on a high-end one, turn to Rimmel, they're usually pretty darn fabulous for the money :)
LancĂ´me 'Blush Subtil' (021 Rose Paradis)

From: feelunique.com
Price: £25.20 (was £28)
I'm not usually one to spend loads of time doing my makeup, if I have time I will put on some blusher, but if not, I won't bother, however, My go-to blush (when I decide to wear it) is this one. Its a lovely colour, especially during this cold spell we're having, it isn't autumnal, but it gives a lovely flush of colour to the cheeks, like you've just come in from the freezing cold, but not so you'd look anything like a clown.. I'm not really selling this very well am I? Basically, its a beautiful colour, both in the pan and on the face, you can't really go wrong in terms of getting a wonderfully pigmented blush which is also long wearing and looks natural, just be careful not to be too heavy handed with it :) oh, and it also has a pretty great quality mirror in the lid, so perfect for anyone who's on the go!
Sleek 'Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette' (Light)

From: Superdrug
Price: £9.99 (currently 2 for £10)
I've only had this palette for a couple of weeks, but I've been using it on and off since I got it depending on what I'll be doing that day. So far, it has impressed me, the blusher is a little dark for my liking, I don't think I'm being too heavy handed with it, but even so I'll continue using it in the hope it will start working for me, which is a real shame because the blush is beautiful. Either way, I'll try and make it work. The highlight and the bronzer however is pretty good, as far as drugstore makeup goes, I wouldn't say it was any better than anything else I've ever tried, but it is pretty awesome, its also good that all three products are in the same place, which is great in terms of saving on space in the makeup bag. I would give it a go, especially if you're in two minds as to whether or not to purchase it. It is a fantastic little palette either way, to conclude however, I would recommend it :)
EYES

Rimmel 'Exaggerate Undercover' Eye Shadow Primer

From: feelunique.com
Price: £4.99
I'll be honest and say that I don't wear this everyday. Sometimes I can't really be bothered with the primer step, but other days I will, its not something I'm very consistent with. But on the days where I do wear it, my eye shadow can stay on for a relatively good amount of time. I've not really used eye primers before, but when I invested in a more expensive eye shadow palette, I wanted to make the most of the beautiful colours and to keep them on the lid, so I got this. I didn't want to invest in an expensive one as I wasn't really sure how much of an impact and eye primer was going to have, but actually, this one isn't bad. It doesn't go on clear, it goes on white, but when blended in with your ring finger, its completely translucent which is great because it doesn't interfere or wear down the colour or pigmentation of your eye shadow. If you're on the hunt for an eye primer, this one isn't bad and it won't cost you a fortune either.
Urban Decay 'Naked 3' Eye Shadow Palette

From: feelunique.com
Price: £34.20 (was £38)
I'm going to cut to the chase with this one, I fricking love it, and even that is an under statement. It is simply beautiful, not only is it the most gorgeous eye shadow palette I've ever seen or had the pleasure to use, the quality of ALL of them are amazing. Although 'Dust' can have some fall out, as can 'Burn Out', they're a little more powdery than the others, so its best to build those gradually rather than pack the colour on straight away, and even that isn't a major problem. The colours I love to use the most are 'Buzz' as an all over lid colour, 'Trick' to use on the lower lash line and 'Strange' in the inner corner and under the brow bone. I have experimented with all of the colours, but on an everyday basis, these are the colours I turn to and use most often. 'Liar' is also a beautiful colour, more to use in the crease rather than an all over lid colour, but you could use it all over the lid as well. 'Mug Shot' is also gorgeous, it looks amazing on the lower lash line, as a replacement for eye liner, you could even use it as an eye liner alternative on the upper lash line as well.


It is truly amazing, so if you have a birthday coming up, pop this on your wish list if you're into eye shadow, you won't regret it :) oh, and you also get a half decent, double ended brush with it as well, which isn't bad for a free palette brush ;)


It also has a super big, good quality mirror which makes it so handy when travelling.

LancĂ´me 'Le Crayon Khol' Eye Liner (01 Noir)

From: Debenhams
Price: £17.00
I have actually ordered the full size of this, I received this little eye liner in a perfume gift set, and I've been using it ever since. I was also given one in a free gift I got for spending over a certain amount on LancĂ´me products, and I used the whole thing up. I love this eye liner immensely, like the Naked 3 eye shadow palette, it has to be the best pencil eye liner I've ever used. Its a deep, rich black, has great staying power, it doesn't smudge in the hood of my eye, and it doesn't fade. I can't sing its praises enough, so much so, I don't mind paying £17 for the full size.
LancĂ´me 'HypnĂ´se Volume-Ă -Porter' (Noir)

  
From: Debenhams
Price: £22.50
LancĂ´me mascaras have to be the best I've ever tried, that goes for both drugstore and high-end mascaras, I rate this more than Benefit's 'They're Real' and even 'Roller Lash' which is pretty good. It doesn't matter which mascara you choose from their HypnĂ´se collection, you're guaranteed to get amazing results. This one is a lot more natural looking than the next one I'm going to show you. But it is buildable, if you want long, natural looking lashes, this is the mascara for you. It doesn't clump together, the formula is amazing, it doesn't smudge under the eyes or in the hood of the eye (which I know can be an issue for some people, myself included). This one isn't waterproof, but I don't really care, it can maintain length for a considerably long time, even at the end of the day it can look like you applied it five minutes ago. Yes it's pricey, but totally worth it.
LancĂ´me HypnĂ´se Mascara (Noir)

From: Debenhams
Price: £22.50
This one is very similar to the previous mascara I discussed, only this adds length AND volume. It isn't as natural looking and is the one I use pretty much everyday. Sometimes I may change it up a little and wear the other one, but this one is insanely brilliant at making my lashes look amazing. It isn't as natural like I said, but it doesn't make them look fake, it doesn't clump, it doesn't smudge at all even though it isn't waterproof, much like the other one, it doesn't smudge in the hood of the eye either even if you suffer from oily lids. It looks amazing on its own, without eye shadow or eye liner, although I like to go the whole way when it comes to my eye makeup. I recommend this one, it beats even my Mac mascara, and like the other one, its better than Benefit's 'They're Real' and 'Roller Lash'. I highly suggest you give it a try, or ask for a sample because its simply amazing, once you try it, you won't go back, LancĂ´me mascaras all the way :) I can't see myself using any other mascara from here-on-in.
LIP STICK/LIP CRAYONS

Rimmel 'Moisture Renew' Lipsticks


1) 180 Vintage Pink

From: Boots
Price: £6.49
Rimmel 'Moisture Renew' lipsticks are pretty amazing, I love how creamy and, surprise surprise, how moisturising they are. Not to mention the colour range is pretty extensive too. If you want a lipstick which looks great and moisturises at the same time, this is your guy. The colour isn't for everyone, it has a light plumy colour to it, with pinky undertones, its incredibly natural when applied with a light hand, you can build it to be as dark as you want, or apply less to make it as natural as you want, its a great day to night lipstick, a good one to just keep floating around in your handbag or in the car door ;)
2) 200 Latino

From: feelunique.com
Price: £6.49
Like I said, Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipsticks are pretty awesome. I got this one from Feel Unique as I was on the hunt for something to tip my basket over the £30 mark, but I'm so glad I did. It is a beautiful colour, it doesn't look very bright in the tube, but trust me, its pretty bright on the lips. It also has a slight sheen to it, making it look slightly metallic, but don't let that put you off. It'll look amazing in the Summer and I can't wait to start using it properly on an everyday basis.
Rimmel 'Colour Rush Balm' Lip Crayons


1) 'Not an Illusion'

 
From: Boots
Price: £5.99
Rimmel lip products are one of my favourites on the high-street, as you will see in this second to last section of this blog post. But these lip crayons are pretty awesome, sometimes, I prefer them to actual lipsticks. These are incredibly moisturising, but they aren't so moisturising that they completely fade off the lips or transfer from lip to face. 'Not an Illusion' has to be my favourite colour in their range. It's natural looking, like a 'my lips but better' colour, but its obvious that you made an effort to put some lipstick on. Its the ultimate everyday coloured lipstick, one of the best, in my opinion, in the drugstore market. They smell and taste amazing with a pretty wide variety of colours available. Its worth checking them out for sure.

2) Keep Mauving

From: Superdrug
Price: £5.99
I love this one just as much as the other, I love everything about it, the staying power, the colour, the formula, basically everything I love about the other one, however I find myself wearing this colour less, something which is probably evident from the photos. There's no real reason for this, its just right now I'm preferring the other one, but next week I may prefer to use this one, either way, it has a permanent place in my makeup bag.
The link below will take you to the same lipstick, it just has a different name on the Superdrug website is all :)
Rimmel 'Kate Moss' Lipsticks


1) Shade 19

From: Superdrug
Price: £5.49
This lipstick is pretty awesome, like the crayons, I love the formula, and the pigmentation is out of this world. I can't really recommend Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks enough to be honest, every shade I've ever bought has been perfect, and the quality has been just as good as my Mac lipstick, which is saying something because I love my Mac lipsticks. This colour is very wearable, it has a 'my lips but better' finish, but again, obvious that you've made the effort to apply some colour. Its the perfect everyday shade. I do have the shade 08 which is usually more of my go-to lippy, but I didn't have it handy for this blog post, unlike this one, which has more of a plumy undertone, 08 is slightly more pink which I love, but I actually left it at my parent's house :( sad times...
I couldn't actually find a link to this shade anywhere, its completely vanished off the face of the internet, whether Rimmel have discontinued it or not I don't know, but Superdrug may stock it in stores, which is where mine came from :)
2) Shade 30

From: Superdrug
Price: £5.49
This colour isn't my typical everyday lip colour, but I wore it more over the festive period when I went back home for Christmas break. Its a beautiful plum colour, dark, but buildable, you can go as light or as dark as you want. I've not gone too dark with this colour, I tend to add one or two light layers and blend slightly with a lip brush, even though it's not a colour I reach for everyday, this is the one I go to if I'm feeling especially brave, either way, it stays in my makeup bag, and will continue to for the foreseeable future ;)
L'Oreal 'Color Riche' Lipstick (302)

From: Boots
Price: £6.99
This is a fairly new edition to my makeup bag, but I loved it from the minute I swatched it in the shop, and it looks beautiful on the lips. It's not too dark, and has a slight sheen to it, making it look slightly metallic, but still its a very wearable colour and should suit the majority of you out there. It also smells and tastes pretty good for a lipstick as well which is always a bonus, there's nothing worse than having to put on a lipstick that tastes like a plant or something xD but you put up with it because you love the colour. This isn't anything at all like that. I've also had some complements as well, with some girls asking me what lipstick I was wearing, that's always a good sign right? ;)
Revlon 'Lip Butter' Lip Balm (050 Berry Smoothie)

From: Superdrug
Price: £7.99
As you can see from the photos, I have loved this lipstick so very much,. especially during the colder months. The formula is very similar to that of a lip balm (surprise surprise xD) which is fantastic because I can both protect my lips and have them look a healthy colour at the same time. Because it's more of a balm, the colour is pretty subtle, adding a lovely tint of colour to the lips but its still very much noticeable. If you've never tried these lip products before, I suggest you do because these Revlon ones are pretty amazing. I need to repurchase this soon as its basically a little stump at the end of the tube now, who knows, I may even dabble in some of their brighter colours!
MAC 'Cremesheen' Lipstick (Modesty)



From: Mac (at Selfridges)
Price: £15.50
I do love my Mac lipsticks, but this is the one I've been reaching for the most. I bought it last Summer when I was in London as I was looking for a nice natural lip colour but was looking for the quality, so after some reviews online, I settled on this one, in this formula, and I'm so glad I did. Because it is this neutral nudey pink colour, I wear it a lot more, which is what I wanted from a high-end lipstick. Its pretty awesome really, it lasts a pretty long time on the lips, and it tastes and smells good, like pretty much all of Mac's lipsticks. Either way, if you're looking to invest in a high-end lip product, this would be a good one to start with, not necessarily the colour, but the formula etc is pretty up there. Perhaps next pay day yes? ;)
I hope you enjoyed this, let me know if you have anyone of these in as your makeup essentials. I will see you on Sunday with a brand new blog post for you all :)
____________________________________________
WHERE TO FIND ME


Comments

  1. I love lipsticks that smell good! Especially like that vanilla smell ^_^
    The last MAC lipstick color looks really pretty, normally I stick with more of a bright red but for winter I may try switching it to this to have fun with it.
    Thanks for the post!
    Makeup Artist Toronto
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, and thanks for the feedback :) Good luck with trying out some wintery/autumnal lip colours :)

      Delete

Post a Comment