Feel Unique Haul (Part 1) | High-End Makeup: Urban Decay & Lancôme


I thought I'd splash out on myself a bit, seeing as I'd spent the majority of wages on other people this month, I thought I'd treat myself to something that I wouldn't normally have the budget for. But seeing as the festive season had brought with it some great Winter sales with pretty good offers, I thought I'd strike while the iron was hot and get a couple of bargains.

I will be doing a part 2 of this, where I'll show you some high street/drugstore, on Wednesday for you, partly because that package hasn't arrived yet, and also because this post would be a bit too long if I included them all in here, so I hop you're ok with that?!

Let me show you what I got :)

P.S. I took these photos before I used them as I wanted you to get the full 'just-unboxed' and 'brand new' effect :)

Naked 3 Eye Shadow Palette


I've wanted this palette for a while. It has some gorgeous, natural colours in it. I also loved it because the majority of the shades are shimmery, or have a slight sheen to them which I prefer, especially if I just want to use one colour all over the lid. I've been using it every day since I got it on Tuesday and I love it. I've never really known an eye shadow quality quite like it. You definitely get what you pay for despite the hefty price tag. I didn't actually pay £38 for mine, I paid £34.20 on Feel Unique which was a good deal. I was waiting for somewhere like Debenhams or House of Fraser to do 10% off their beauty ranges, but seeing as they hadn't I had to shop around a bit as I was determined not to pay full price. Still £34.20 isn't cheap, but 10% off is better than 0% off right? :)

It also comes with a lovely big, good quality mirror which I actually find myself using rather a lot, its handy because its big and sturdy, so it really does add to the satisfaction. I'm also pretty impressed by the brush it came with. It doesn't feel cheap, in fact he packaging in general doesn't feel cheap, its very good quality with a beautiful finish on it. Obviously, I didn't;y buy it for the packaging, but it does look beautiful. Its also pretty heavy as well which I was surprised about, that also suggests its a good quality item. So overall, I'm one happy customer :)


The link above will take you to the discounted Naked 3 palette as of 31/01/15 so I'm sorry if the product is no longer available at the discounted price.

Lancôme Hypnôse Classic Mascara Gift Set


I bought a Lancôme gift set from Debenhams which you can see here as I did a little Boxing Day haul :) I also wanted to get the other, classic mascara that Lancôme do. I have a bit of an obsession with that brand at the minute. I think they have some such good quality items at a reasonable price for high end makeup. In my opinion, they're better than MAC which is saying something because I love MAC too, but Lancôme had overtaken them slightly in my love for high end cosmetics.

I find Lancôme mascaras to be the best I've ever used, they're such good quality, and even though the ones I have aren't waterproof, their staying power is amazing, they also make my lashes look long and thick and they look far from clumpy. I know the brush looks a little clumpy, but it really isn't. It gives you long, full lashes that still look natural, you can get the perfect look with minimal effort, perfect for any of you who are constantly on the go. It also dries relatively quickly as well which is a plus for me, but it may not be for you as we all look for something different in a mascara I'm sure :)

In the gift set, you get an eye liner and some makeup remover/cleanser which is pretty handy for one the go.

You can buy the gift set here for £16.90 down from £22.50 on Feel Unique. Seeing as the mascara on its own is £22.50, you may as well take the plunge and get the gift set, as effectively, you're getting a £22.50 mascara for £16.90 and getting the eye liner and cleanser for free. Its a no brainer really :)


Speaking of Lancôme, I also got another mascara in another gift set which is the 'Hypnôse Volume-à-porter' mascara. I got the gift set from Debenhams with a free lip gloss and an eye liner, I got it in store for £15 down from £22.50, but for some reason they aren't selling the same set on their website, and it isn't on the Feel Unique website either which is pretty annoying. But I will leave a link below to wear you can buy/take a look at the mascara itself rather than the gift set.

This mascara is pretty natural, more natural than the classic Hypnôse Lancôme mascara. It is still buildable though, that and the packaging is beautiful :)


In terms of the eyeliner, I find it to be a very rich black colour, which is exactly what I love in a pencil eyeliner. There's also hardly any transfer from the lid to the hood of ones eye which is a massive plus for me as sometimes colour transfer can be a slight problem. It doesn't fade throughout the day which is also fab, so when all my little samples of it run out, I will definitely be purchasing the full sized one. Its worth the £17 price tag as the quality is so good.


I hope you enjoyed this post. You can look forward to the high street/drugstore edition on Wednesday which is exciting :) I hope you all had a fantastic New Year and I wish you all the best for 2016 :)
 ____________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: '2015: A Reflection'



Comments

Popular Posts