2015: A Reflection

I don't really know what I wanted the cover photo to symbolise, perhaps the sun setting on the past year, the idea of starting a fresh, the closing of a particular chapter that you perhaps couldn't wait to end. I suppose the possibilities are endless, but I wanted to write a post to mark the end of 2015, and the start of a new and exciting year to come.
I thought I'd do this little tag style post as a sort of reflection on the year that's passed. I found these questions online and changed some, taken some out etc to suit the style of the post, so I hope you don't mind :) If you'd like to do this as well and answer these questions, please do and leave some links in the comment section, or tweet me with some links to your posts, I'd love to read some :)
What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Finally getting into university, after four yeas of hard work and five and a half A Levels, I finally got what I needed to go to uni, and I'll forever be proud of myself for doing that!
What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Coming to terms with the passing of our family dog, Rudi. He passed away nearly two weeks ago now, he was 14 years old, with no real health problems, but one day he just stopped eating and drinking, and he was too poorly to save, so we had to make the difficult decision to put him to sleep. I have a full post all about him in my drafts, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to publish that yet. If you've never owned or loved a dog, you won't understand, and you may never understand what joy a dog can bring someone. I may publish that post one day, but not for a while.

What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Meeting all my new and lovely uni friends. They're all wonderful people, and even though I've only known them for a couple of months, I feel as though I've known them for much longer. I love my existing friends too, but now I just have some more great people in my life, and I love that :)
What was an unexpected obstacle?
I guess it was my exams etc, although they weren't unexpected. I can't really recall any unexpected ones if I'm honest, so for now, I'll just say my A Level exams. But it could also be the passing of our family dog, I guess that was an obstacle we're still all over coming.
Pick three words to describe 2015
*Scary (in terms of starting uni)
*Exciting (because I met so many new and interesting people)
*Grateful (because I got to spend 14 years with such a loyal, friendly dog who I loved very much, I have a healthy family who I also love dearly, and I have such wonderful friends)
What were the best books you read this year?
I loved 'Paper Towns' by John Green, 'How to Build a Girl' by Caitlin Moran and 'Sophie's Choice' by William Styron.
Create a phrase or statement that describes 2015 for you
An emotional roller-coaster with more ups than downs, but the biggest down was losing my loyal, beautiful dog who was my ultimate canine companion, his passing has left a Rudi shaped hole in my heart which will probably never heal, but I'm doing my best to accept his absence with the help of my wonderful family.
Thank you for stopping by I will see you Sunday with a brand new post for you all! Its going to be a good'n ;)
___________________________________________________
WHERE TO FIND ME


Comments

Popular Posts