Christmas Q&A | Family Traditions, Festive Films & White Christmas?


I know my blog has been a bit of a Christmas over this past month, but if you're loving it now you're in for a hell of a treat later this month when I embark on the 'Twelve Days of Christmas' series, so watch this space because I'll be announcing something fun within the next week or so!
Anyway, a few days ago I asked for your festive questions, and you guys delivered! Thank you to everyone that sent me a question, and as promised, I'll be giving your Instagram account a shout out (as well as links to Twitter accounts for those who asked me on Twitter). I have linked their account to their Twitter/Instagram handle, so check out their galleries if you like! Shall we begin? :)
"What is your favourite thing to do during the Christmas time?" - @theperksofbeingfaye98
I love getting the Christmas tree. Every year my family go out to a park called 'Sherwood Pines' and we select our own real Christmas tree. We can literally spend all day there. We go on a day where everyone has a day off during the week, so its always nice and quiet, and we'll go and pick a tree, go for a walk and have a hot chocolate in the restaurant there. It's a Christmas tradition and I love doing it, it's something I look forward to doing every single year :)

"Do you do your Christmas shopping online or in the shops?" - @carlygreyson24


I try and do as much Christmas shopping as I can in the actual shops because I think there's no better way to get in the Christmas spirit than going Christmas shopping, experiencing the hustle and bustle of the city, seeing all the beautiful lights and watching everyone being wrapped up warm carrying bags from Jack Wills and Jo Malone, the epitome of luxury gifts. I love to see everyone in the coffee shops with a nice big hot chocolate or festive latte on a cold, dark Saturday afternoon having a break from their Christmas shopping. Back at home (Nottingham), there's a German Christmas market with a huge ice rink in the middle with a massive Christmas tree and it's amazing, they have Christmas music playing all the time in the town centre, so its the best place to go if you want to feel the festive cheer.

"Do you have any Christmas traditions which are specific to you and your family?" - @moomin_mama_anna



Well, there's us going to buy our Christmas tree and making a whole day of it :) we also go to midnight mass every year as well, but in terms of proper traditions, I don't really think we have any, or at least none that come to mind. We do tend to go for a walk round the park with my dog on Christmas eve and we take photos and things which we prefer to keep private and not put on social media, but this year I may do a little blog post about it? If that's something you'd like to see as a little bonus post on Christmas Eve? Do let me know because I'd love to do it :)

"What do you like best? The build up to Christmas or Christmas Day itself?" - @londonbrolly


I actually LOVE this question! Personally, I prefer the build up to Christmas, everyone just feels so festive and happy, everyone is a lot more generous in terms of giving to charity and things. Every year I donate to homeless charities, and also to animal charities, but I feel like everyone does a lot more charity around this time of year, people give gifts where you can sponsor a penguin or a tiger out in the wild and all the money helps to keep them safe, I love those things. My family put together a few shoe boxes each year for those who are homeless or in a refuge over the Christmas time. This year, we'll be making them for the refugees that have fled Syria. Basically, you fill the box with toiletries, flannels, a pack of cards, a comb, a book, a pair of gloves and socks, perhaps a hat and some pot noodle or vouchers for food establishments, it's a really lovely thing to do.

But anyway, I'm going off on a tangent now xD I love the build up because of the suspense of Christmas day, and also how thoughtful everyone is in terms of gift buying, everyone seems a lot happier and its the time to see family and friends, everyone comes home for Christmas and its all very exciting :) But then I love Christmas Day because it's so fun, but yes, the build up is my favourite part :)

"What is your favourite Christmas dessert/cake?" - @meringuedoree


I don't have a particularly sweet tooth, but I do love a good Christmas log at Christmas time, but not the fancy kind, the Cadbury kind xD. I'm not a massive fan of the traditional Christmas pudding, but then again, who is? ;). I also love those little cakes and pastries you can get to eat with a coffee, I love those and coffee, so they've basically been made for me to eat xD

"What is your favourite Christmas film to watch?" - @carolineosbel



My favourite Christmas film of all time is 'Love Actually', its amazing, I watch it every single Christmas. If you haven't seen it...why not? xD. I'm sure everyone has seen it though, it's a good 11/12 years old now, so its been around for a good while, I'm sure you've probably seen it on Channel 4 a few times ;). I also love 'Christmas Vacation', it's such an underrated film, if you see it for a few quid in Tesco, buy it and watch it because its the perfect family Christmas film.

"Would you like a white Christmas this year?" - @leasnowly


I'm not fussed either way to be honest, but it would be absolutely amazing if it actually did snow on Christmas, or even if it snowed on Christmas Eve I'd be happy, even if it didn't settle on the ground, so yes, it would be amazing, and one day I hope it does snow on Christmas Day :)

"What's your best Christmas memory?" - @rudesreview



It was probably the last year, I'd just lost a load of weight and I was feeling so happy and healthy, I was so thankful to have such a wonderful, healthy family who I love (of course, I feel the same way all the time), but for some reason, last year I felt a lot more philosophical about it, I think it was probably because it was the last year we could all do Christmassy things together as this year I went to uni and won't be back till the 19th December so it's not much of a run up really and I'll miss that. But last year, I was so happy and confident, I'd given everyone wonderful gifts and I got some gorgeous gifts in return and it was just a wonderful time of year, I don't think I'll ever forget how I felt then, it was amazing :)

I hope you enjoyed this post, and I hope you're satisfied with the answers I gave to your questions :) I will see you next time with a brand new blog post for you all, but it may not be a festive one next time, but you have the 'Twelve Days of Christmas' series coming up, so stay tuned for that :) See you soon lovelies :)

______________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'My Top 5: Christmas Adverts'



Comments

Popular Posts