Melting Snowman Biscuits | Twelve Days of Christmas (Day 8)



How cute are these biscuits? I saw them on Pinterest last year, and I thought they were so cute! Yes, one looks a little more sad than the others and there is that one dude in the back who looks pretty happy about the fact he's melting xD Anyway, I wasn't really thinking when I iced on his cute little snowman face, whoops!

Anyway, for today's post, I'm going to tell you how you can make these too, whether you make them with your friends, with younger siblings, with your children or just on your own for a bit of yummy festive fun. I think they're fantastic as little party pieces if you have no time to bake your own cookies. That and there isn't any cooking involved and there's very little mess to clear up as well, so perfect in terms of time saving, shall we get on with it then? :)

WHAT YOU WILL NEED
(these will vary depending on how many you'd want to make)

*Medium sized marshmallows (don't use any pink ones if they come in a mixed bag)
*Rich tea (or digestive) biscuits
*Red, black and white icing (you can make the icing yourself and use a piping bag or do what I did and buy the tubes from the supermarket, although you may want to make your own white icing in case you run out of tubed icing
*A tea spoon (for smearing on your biscuit base)


STEP 1: ICING A BASE

Firstly, you're going to need a tea spoon and your white icing, whether you use your own icing or tubed icing. Put your icing on the biscuit, if you've piped it on, create a circular/spiral shape in the middle, grab your spoon and smear the icing out to the edges. If you used your own icing, just get a scoop using your tea spoon, and place it in the middle of the biscuit, and again, smear out the edges.

DON'T ice all your biscuits at once because the icing will harden and you won't get your marshmallow to stay on properly, I guess you could ice them all together and when you come to putting your marshmallow on, put a small bead of icing underneath, but it wouldn't be nearly as secure.


STEP 2: STICK ON YOUR MARSHMALLOW

This bit is pretty self explanatory, so much so you don't need me to talk you through that xD


STEP 3: ICE ON YOUR SNOWMAN

It's time for the fun part, to ice on your melting snowman. Ice a sad looking face onto the marshmallow once it's stuck onto the biscuit, once you have your face, ice on the arms and the buttons down the centre.


STEP 4: ADMIRE AND ENJOY YOUR BISCUITS

It's now time for the taste test, perhaps take a Tumblr style photo and stick it on Instagram if you love them as much as I do, then give them a taste, they're delicious, the perfect sweet treat for the festive season.


I hope you enjoyed this blog post, it's a little more of a foody article which I hope you liked. Let me know if you have a go at making these, tweet me some photos on Twitter or tag me in some on Instagram (links below and in the sidebar), I'll look forward to seeing them soon! See you tomorrow with a brand new Christmas post :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

______________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: TDOC Day 7: 'Strawberry Santas'



Comments

Popular Posts