Christmas Gift Guide: Affordable Luxuy Prezzies


So as well as buying some relatively inexpensive presents which I showed you in my Christmas Gift Guides:


I thought I'd write one on the more expensive items I bought. I have included to Roberts Radio which I didn't buy for anyone, it was a present for my 20th birthday, but seeing as it's not the most expensive radio you can buy, it's fab quality so I thought I'd include it as something you could buy for someone else. There is also a Cath Kidston Christmas jumper in there as well which was actually from last year, but they have one similar this year which I will include photos of as well, I just didn't have it to hand when I took these photos.

Right, shall we start? :)

ROBERTS RADIO (DUCK EGG BLUE)

From: Amazon
Price: £149 (WAS £170)

This radio is not only stunning, but its fantastic quality. It looks the part, it sits prettily on my bedside table and it's relatively inexpensive for a radio of this quality in my opinion. Mine is just under a year old and still looks brand new, as pristine as the day I got it. I recommend it highly to anyone who loves modern vintage or who (like me) is obsessed with Cath Kidston or Laura Ashley for example. It doesn't have to be a for a girl either. These radios come in may different colours, including navy blue, bright red and they even do one in a Union Flag design. So they're very versatile and therefore could be purchased for either gender!
JAMES BOND 007 COLOGNE
From: Debenhams
Price: £17 (WAS £20)
I won't be telling you who I got this for, just in case ;) but then again, I know a certain person has been after this and I've gone and got it for them. I was going to buy the bottle on it's own, but then the gift set was the same price so I opted for the set instead. It comes with the cologne and a scented shower gel to go along with it which is lovely. The scent should last a bit longer, especially if both are used before a night out for example :) Also, the fact it is now on sale makes this gift even better. I personally love the smell of this one, perhaps go and give it a sniff before hand just to make sure :)
L'OCCITANE EN PROVENCE BAUBLE
From: Debenhams
Price: £9 (WAS £10)

Once again, I will not be specifying who I bought this for ;) I saw this in the Debenhams Christmas catalogue a few weeks ago and I thought it was a pretty reasonable price for what you get in it really. It is a Debenhams exclusive though so the price won't be any better anywhere else. This comes with a hand cream, a body lotion, a shea butter based shower cream, and a hand soap. So four lovely quality toiletry products for someone to try. Also, the container can double up as a little Christmas bauble or decoration. It's also a bit bigger than I was expecting, so don't let the size put you off. I thought £9 was a pretty reasonable deal, so I grabbed it while it was in stock :)
BURTS BEES 'LOVE FROM NATURE' GIFT SET
From: Debenhams
Price: £11.69 (WAS £12.99)
This seemed like a lovely little gift set. The only thing I wish was different about this set would be that the body lotion should have been something like a hand cream. But I bought this for someone with very sensitive skin, and seeing as Burt's Bees products are made up of very natural ingredients, I went for it. It not only comes with a body lotion, it also comes with a lip shimmer and a lip balm, ideal for the person I've bought it for also has a bit of an infatuation with lip products xD Also, its pretty inexpensive which I was surprised about when I saw it (again) in their catalogue. Give it a cheeky look and see if it would appeal to anyone you know. The box could even be used again, someone could use it to store their lipsticks or their hair grips or hair bobbles, or it could even be used to store cotton pads etc, so in a sense, its the gift that keeps on giving ;)

CATH KIDSTON CHRISTMAS JUMPER

From: Cath Kidston
Price: £35
Link: Click to Buy


I think this is such a cute little jumper. It can be worn out or you could just keep it to be worn in bed. Its so super soft and warm, fantastic quality for the price. I find these jumpers wash really nicely. I've got one from last year which appeared in the header photo ;). I think it would make a nice gift for someone who loves Cath Kidston, but also for someone who appreciates good quality clothing items. I don't sleep in either of mine, I just keep them as casual Christmas jumpers :)

 Here's a snap of my jumper from last year as well :)

BURT'S BEES BOUNTY COLLECTION GIFT SET
From: Debenhams
Price: £14 (WAS £20)

This gift set was a steal at £14 down from £20. It comes with a 'Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream', 'Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream', 'Coconut Foot Cream' and a 'Lip Balm with Blueberry and Dark Chocolate'. The sizes look rather generous as well. With a saving of £6, you can't really go wrong. It would make a lovely gift for an older sister, or your mum. You could even gift it to a friend or someone with sensitive skin, because most of the ingredients in these products are natural. It's a fabulous little stocking filler, and perfect for anyone who loves to do their nails perhaps? I know I like to prep my cuticles and put some hand cream on before doing my nails :) Again, grab it while the price right.
LANCOME 'LA VIE EST BELLE' PERFUME GIFT SET

From: John Lewis
Price: £45

This wasn't actually purchased from john Lewis, and the link won't take you to this specific gift set. instead of a travel mascara, it comes with a shower gel. I couldn't find this anywhere on the Debenhams website (where it was actually purchased from) and the one on Amazon was an extortionate price. But if you like the look of this gift set, PLEASE go to Debenhams, because you can get 10% off RIGHT NOW. So hurry :)
Anyway, this is a lovely little gift set, but because its a perfume, you'll need to be sure that the person you're buying it for will love it, perhaps drop hints or get them to smell somehow, or perhaps they have a different variation and you know they'd love this one. It comes with a body lotion, a travel mascara in Hypnose and obviously, the 30ml perfume. It smells like a dream, I love so much and can't wait to get my hands on it soon! LancĂ´me do pretty good gift sets all year round, but especially good ones at Christmas time :) They're really upping their game this year with regards to gift sets. They not only do fantastic fragrance sets, but they've also released new makeup ones as well, give them a sneaky look next time you pop in, or simply browse their website :)
LANCOME 'TRESON MIDNIGHT ROSE'
From: Debenhams
Price: £32 (WAS £40)
I've had this one before and I literally loved it. I wore it everyday and ran out in about a month, it was one of those scents where everyone would ask what perfume I was wearing. it isn't floral, but it's pretty fruity I would say, with undertones of blackberry. This scent is very wintery, so fantastic for the colder months, it also stays on for hours, not only does it stick fantastically well to skin, it also cling wonderfully to clothes, it's a great one for scarf-wearing season, because all my scarves used to smell like this xD. I'd go and give it a sniff if I were you, or perhaps ask for a cheeky sample. You'll love it :) My sister also has this one, and I've bought one for Christmas, this one is simply a spare for when I run out of the other one. At £32 down from £40, why not stock up on my most favourite fragrance of all time? ;)
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
*DISCLAIMER* I am 20 years old, therefore I am able to buy and consume alcohol legally and do so responsibly under UK law. You must be 18 years or older to purchase and consume any alcoholic beverage by UK law. I am in no way encouraging underage consumption of alcohol, nor am I encouraging excessive alcohol consumption. Please drink responsibly.

GORDON'S BERRY SLOE GIN (70cl)
From: Tesco
Price: £13 (WAS £18)
I personally haven't tried this one, a certain someone I know as been itching to give it a try, so I got it for her! It looks very interesting, I might have to give it a try myself actually ;)
BACARDI PINA COLADA EDITION (70cl)
From: Tesco
Price: £8 (WAS £10)
I'm not going to lie, this is actually for me. My parents bought it for me because I bloody LOVE Pina Coladas and this looked pretty interesting :) I know it's not particularly seasonal, but if you know someone who loves Pina Coladas as much as I do, it might make a nice little present for them :)
JACK DANIEL'S TENNESSEE HONEY (1L)
From: ASDA
Price: £20 (WAS £27)
This would be a good one for an older brother or your dad for Christmas. Perhaps someone who enjoys their whisky would love this, or perhaps they've had the original JD and you think it may be nice for them to try a slightly sweeter version. It could be for anyone really, I rather like this one, as does my Mum ;)
TULLIBARDINE HIGHLAND SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WISKY
From: Sainsburys
Price: £30 (WAS £35)

Again, this would be a nice one for whisky appreciators. This was bought as a gift for an older gentleman we know, it would make a lovely gift for your granddad perhaps or, again, your dad or brother? Granted, its not cheap, but apparently, the quality is fantastic.
BOMBAY SAPPHIRE DISTILLED LONDON DRY GIN (1L)
From: Sainsburys
Price: £18 (WAS £25)
This is a slightly more luxury gin, it would make a nice present for (obviously) any gin lovers out there. I know my Mum would love this as she is partial to a gin and tonic occasionally. You could even mix it with some tonic and a slice of lemon or lime. Again, not particularly seasonal, but still the perfect gift for anyone you know would love to try this, but couldn't justify buying it with their weekly food shop.
JAGERMEISTER (70cl)
From: Tesco
Price: £15 (WAS £18)
I bought this as a present for an 18 year old boy (*cough cough* my brother *cough cough*) who has always wanted to make a Jagerbomb himself (which is basically this and Red Bull). So now (well, after Christmas), he can do that, in moderation of course ;)
I really hope you found this post useful. I know I found things like this useful when I was Christmas shopping. I will see you on Sunday with a brand new blog post for you all :)
__________________________________________________
WHERE TO FIND ME



Comments

Popular Posts