My Top 5: Christmas Songs | Twelve Days of Christmas (Day 1)



You may have read 'My Top 5: Christmas Films', well this is basically the same thing, just with songs. Now I won't talk about the songs too much, or why I like them, I'll just leave them for you to listen to because it is that time of year now (how fast has the time gone though). So I hope you enjoy it folks, I know I would if someone did the same sort of post, if you do want to do this yourself, please do and leave your posts in the comment section below, or you can tweet me some links :)
MUD - 'LONELY THIS CHRISTMAS' (1974)
20

Yes, he does sound like Elvis Presley, his image also echoes that of Elvis', but that aside, I think it's a lovely song, and I sing soulfully to this song (badly) every single year, I think it's great :)

BAND AID - 'DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS?' (1984)


The original has always been my favourite. When I was about 9, they released one which had help from the likes of 'Busted' and 'The Sugar Babes' back in 2004, I remember that coming out then, and how it was one of the better variations, I didn't like the one which was released last year in my honest opinion, this was always going to be the best one for me anyway.

WHAM! - 'LAST CHRISTMAS' (1985)


I'm loving the 80's tunes right now aren't I? Well, it isn't new, I've loved these songs for as long as I can remember and my love for them has never dwindled, this one is one of my all time favourites, it's the one I play as soon as it becomes acceptable for one to play Christmas music (for me, it's around mid November which drives my family mad xD). It's a Christmas classic and I'll love it forever.

THE POGUES & KIRSTY MACCOLL - 'FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK' (1988)


I feel like this is a classic song when it comes to most people, but every year, we play this when we go and get our Christmas tree and every year my brother and I belt it out in the car, and it's seriously one of the most fun car journey ever. I look forward to it every year, it's a Christmas classic and one of my faves :)

GLEE - 'BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE'


I love this song, but mostly, I love the fact it's sung by two cast members from Glee. Kurt and Blaine (their character names) sing the song perfectly and every time I here it, it sends shivers down my spine, it's perfect and whenever I hear it I can't help but sing along. It's a wonderful remake of such an incredible Christmas classic and definitely worth a listen :)

I hope you enjoyed this post, the first of twelve different Christmas posts I'll be publishing from now till the 25th December. Remember to check back EVERYDAY for a brand new festive post, see you tomorrow!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME

PREVIOUS BLOG POST: 'Bringing Out Christmas'



Comments

Popular Posts