Turning 24 | Presents & the Most Spectacular Cake


It was my 24th birthday on the 21st March, exactly a week ago today in fact. I had the best time, despite feeling poorly as I was recovering from a bad cold (just my luck). But it was made all the better by the people I spent my day with. The evening was filled with people I love, we were drinking wine, eating cake and watching old home videos.

It was possibly the most relaxed birthday I've ever had. I feel like the older you get, the less fussed you are about doing things to celebrate it. I was happy with my boyfriend, my family and some great food! I was even lucky enough to have been gifted a few bits and pieces by my closest family and friends, for which I am so grateful.

I was even surprised by the most spectacular bespoke cake. Made of coffee and walnut, iced to absolute perfection and in the shape of a dome, I think my four year old self would have lost her mind at the sight of it. I didn't want to eat it either. I may do a whole blog post just on that, as a review for the people that made it for me :)

Anyway, onto the items I received in celebration of my birthday. Again, I realise that I am so lucky to have been given these presents and I do not take that for granted...with that out of the way, les get into it!


It all started at work, I had not long come back from a lunch break when I turned around and saw everyone gathered around my desk with a 'Connie the Caterpillar' cake. It was the best surprise. To top it all off, they had even bought me a few prezzies.

Everyone I now work with are just so lovely. Their presents were so thoughtful, a gift voucher for Afternoon Tea at the Pudding Pantry and some Avocado (I LOVE Avocados) shower gel. They topped it all off with the cutest card and a bar of chocolate. Even the little gift bag was cute! I was completely overwhelmed, but in a good way, I hadn't really experienced my birthday in the workplace like that before, I was so touched :)

Afternoon Tea for Two at the Pudding Pantry

I cannot wait to use this voucher. I have never actually gone to the Pudding Pantry and eaten pudding! This will give me the best of both worlds. I was also wanting to celebrate my birthday by going for afternoon tea, so I was absolutely blown away to have received this from my work friends. What a great way to start my birthday off!


'Avocado Wash' Shower Gel (100ml)

I was really quite surprised to see this in my gift bag. I had a conversation with a work friend about how much I love Avocado, so when I pulled this out, I immediately looked at her and I knew that she had taken that from the conversation we had. I was chuffed to see this, and I couldn't wait to use it either. Its creamy texture and delicious smell really does make me want to eat an Avocado. Not only is it limited edition, but it's also Vegan! Bonus I'd say :)


Cath Kidston 'Mini London Icons' Audrey Mug 

I won't lie, I bought this as a present to myself. For those of you who know me well, you'll understand that once I had seen this, I wouldn't just leave it in the shop. So I gave into my weakness and bought it. Its cheery pictures and funny quotes were what sold it to me really. The illustrations are of exceptional quality. It's just London on a mug basically. I wasn't about to leave it in the shop was I? Haha!


Stabilo Pastel Highlighters

My sister bought me these. She knows I like word searches and she thought I could use them for that! Also, who'd have thought that highlighter pens could be so pretty? LOOK AT THEM!


Lancôme La Vie Est Belle L'Eclat L'Eau de Parfum (75ml)


I have always stuck to my trusty Lancôme La Vie Est Belle, a different variation of the one pictured here. But this year, my parents surprised me with a different variation, and I absolutely LOVE it! It doesn't smell at all similar to my signature scent, but I love it all the same. Sometimes, it's good to change things up a little!


Cath Kidston London Icons Cushion

My boyfriend's parents bought me this cushion. I love anything to do with London and the icons associated with it. I also love Cath Kidston, so combining the two makes for a very happy Lorna :) It's quite delicate, so I'm really only going to be saving it for decorative use, but it's just beautiful! Stanley is even on there! (hardcore Cath Kidston fans will understand)


Wooden Flower Stud Earrings

These little earrings were from my sister. They're handmade from a local shop where I live, they're such a pretty little edition to the highlighters she gifted me. I have quite the extensive earring collection, so she decided to contribute to my stash. The colour scheme means they'll go with everything, I've been wearing them pretty much non stop since my birthday. They're unique, beautiful and slightly rustic, right up my street I'd say!


Tickets for Busted's 'Half Way There' Tour

I can't describe to you how excited I am for this experience! Ever since Busted brought out their first album, I've been a huge fan. Whenever I listen to them, it brings me back to my childhood, the ultimate nostalgia injection. Whenever I think about going, I can't help but smile and jiggle about a bit. These tickets were a present from my boyfriend. When I took these photos we didn't have our proper tickets, so instead, this was put in my birthday card! It was such an awesome surprise and I absolutely cannot wait :)


Daniel Wellington 'Melrose' Petite Watch


I have been wanting one of these watches for a long time. I didn't quite get one in time for Christmas, so instead, I asked for it as a birthday present. I can't get over how beautiful it is. I couldn't stop looking at it...I still can't stop looking at it. It's rose gold with a small, white face and a gorgeous clasp on the back. The strap is adjustable to fit your wrist as comfortably as you like, all you need is the little screw driver that comes with it, you even get a little handbook.

They have loads of different colours available, you can choose the size of your watch face and even opt for a black face instead of a white one if that's more preferable. It's stylish, sophisticated and pretty minimalistic, not to mention very aesthetically pleasing! For one of the more luxury watches on the market, it's priced rather reasonably.


Cake, Cake Cake!!!


This is possibly the most outrageous, spectacular, intricate cake I have ever had. The man hours that must have gone into making this masterpiece must have been extortionate. I'm planning on doing a whole separate post just about the cake, to give the bakers that made it some publicity. It's called a piñata cake, when you cut it open, chocolate rocks and sparkly sugar strands come tumbling out, combining with the moist, rich coffee and walnut cake that lies underneath. I didn't want to cut into it either! The mermaid was made out of rice crispies, flavoured with strawberry marshmallow. It was the perfect end to a relaxing night!


***

I hope you enjoyed this post, I will see you soon with another, really exciting blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments