Breakfast at Trowell Garden Centre

You might not have thought that a garden centre would be able to cook and present their customers with a delicious, quality breakfast, and I didn't go in with great expectations, to be honest, but I was really pleasantly surprised. So much so, I thought I'd tell you all about it because it really did knock it out of the park by way of an amazing breakfast to start the day. 

Trowell Garden Centre is located in Trowell, Nottingham and is slap-bang in the middle of a residential area. Although it's lot in the usual location, it really does surpass expectations, not just in the way of food, but the amount of variety they have in terms of plants, fish, homeware and gardenware. It's definitely an underrated garden centre in Nottingham, but you're here to hear about the food, right? I got you!

We went there one morning to pick up some new plants for our front garden, but because we got there so early, we decided we had more than enough time for some breakfast. I opted for avocado on toast. Mine should have come with a poached egg, but I asked for it without one because I'm not really a fan of eggs on their own. 

The avocado was so obviously fresh that had been mashed and seasoned perfectly. It was spread out over two slices of fresh and locally-baked sourdough bread and it was just the right amount to fill my tummy for the day. I didn't actually eat anything else that day until the evening when we had a BBQ with my family. Although it didn't look like much, I really do believe that the quality of the food you eat dictates how full you feel afterwards.

Tom, on the other hand, went for a large English breakfast. As you can see from the photo, it really was a huge plate of food and he struggled to finish it all, there was that much food. It pretty much came with three of everything: sausages, bacon rashers, hash browns, eggs and portobello mushrooms. It also came with four slices of toast a generous serving of baked beans. All of the meat, eggs and bread was locally-sourced, which really did make all of the difference. 

You could taste the quality in the food, but it was all very reasonably-priced. My avocado on toast was around £6.50 and Tom's huge breakfast was less than £10. What an amazing price for all of that, don't you think?! We also had two flat whites with it and it all came to less than £20. I just can't believe how inexpensive it all was whilst also tasting amazing and being of exceptionally-high quality. I can't wait to go back again for some breaky!


***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments whether you've been anywhere for breakfast that looked sub-par but was actually fantastic. Have you been to Trowell Garden Centre before for a bite to eat? I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts