Moisturising My Socks Off: A Sanctuary Heel Balm Review

It's that time of year again when we have to get more flesh out and that includes the feet. I'm someone who will live in Birkenstocks when it's hot, but whether you enjoy wearing those or other sandals, it requires getting your feet and toes out for the world to see. I have somewhat of a complex when it comes to my feet because I almost always have issues with dry skin. 

No amount of pedicures or moisturising will keep the dryness at bay, so it's no wonder I don't really enjoy putting my feet on show. When I'm in someone else's house and have to take my shoes off, I will bring a pair of trainer socks with me so I don't have to expose my feet. I have been looking for a way to keep my feet hydrated whilst not feeling sticky or sweaty. So I thought I'd give this heel balm a try. 

I got it for Christmas and have always thought about giving it a try, but I never did. I wasn't until a month or so ago when I decided to pull it out of the drawer and use it as instructed. With that in mind, let me tell you what my thoughts are on it, currently, after using it regularly (around two or three times a week) for the last three/four weeks.

Is it easy to apply?

This heel balm is so easy to apply to the feet. It's quite thick but I wouldn't consider it to be a cream. It's more like a heavy gel. You only need a small amount on the feet to get the desired effect but you might be there for a while rubbing it into the skin. 

It takes a little longer than expected to sink into the skin, but once it's been rubbed in properly, it feels like a dream. Once you've applied it, you're advised to put some socks on, almost to act like a hood to keep the moisture in and to stop it from transferring from the bottom of your feet to your flooring. But to answer the question, yes, it is easy to apply.

What is the scent like?

You might think that it smells exactly like other Sanctuary products, but it's actually slightly different. It smells, almost, more medicinal, despite there not being any medicinal properties in there. It still smells amazing, though, so don't let that put you off. It's just as fresh-scented as all of the other Sanctuary products that are on the market. If you've ever tried anything else from them, you'll know exactly what I mean!

What results does it give you?

The results are OK, for a heel balm. It has softened the skin and made my feet feel less dry. On the other hand, the skin still looks dry. No one is going to be coming up to me and touching my feet. So they won't be aware that they feel better than they look. 

I was slightly disappointed with the visual results, but when it comes to touch, my feet are softer and in better condition in terms of hydration, but you wouldn't really know just from looking at them. If you have dry skin on the feet, then I'd recommend carrying on with the heel balm and having a pedicure to remove dead or hard skin and to make sure your toes and toenails and kept in great condition.  I wouldn't rely solely on this heel balm to transform your feet, because it just won't happen. 

***

Have you ever tried this heel balm? Have I persuaded you to give it a try yourself? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME

Twitter

Instagram

Pinterest

'Like' Us On Facebook!


PREVIOUS BLOG POST

Lunch at The Packe Arms


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Disclaimer

Comments

Popular Posts