Sweet Dreams: A Review of The Body Shop Vitamin E 'Nourishing' Night Cream


We all know how much I love the moisturisers from The Body Shop. I have written about the Vitamin E 'intense' moisturiser and written an honest review about the lighter Vitamin C moisturiser that's perfect for morning use. But I have never purchased a night cream from The Body Shop before. In fact, I didn't even know that there was a night cream in the Vitamin E range, so I thought it would be great to give that a try. Now I've used it several times, I thought it was the right time to write a review for you all, so here are my thoughts!

What is the consistency like?

As you would expect from a night cream, the consistency is incredibly thick and creamy. It's not ridiculously thick to the point where it's difficult to work with, which can become a problem with some night creams. It just means that you don't use as much. I think I use a 'pea-sized' amount for each zone of my face and it's just the right amount. It's not greasy at all, either, which is a huge bonus, especially when it comes to a face cream.

What is the scent like?

It smells delightful. It's slightly different from the original Vitamin E moisturiser that I like to purchase, it isn't as pungent by way of scent, which I like. It's not a scent that I would say was refreshing, like the Vitamin C moisturiser, it's a lot more calming and relaxing, which I like because it sets you up for a cosy, chilled out night in. I apply this after an evening shower and I'm immediately ready to hit the hay. Overall, the scent is wonderful, much many of the other moisturisers from The Body Shop.

How well does it apply?

As I've already said, you only need a 'pea-sized' amount, so it applies really nicely. It really works into the skin and it doesn't leave a residue, nor is it greasy to the touch after application. A small amount goes a long way as it effortlessly glides over, and into, the skin. It's a pleasure to use and it doesn't take me very long to apply at all; something that's very much welcomed after a long, busy day.

What results do you get?

You feel the results of the night cream into the next day. You wake up and your skin feels smooth and velvety to the touch. Again, it doesn't feel greasy at all, which is a huge plus. There was a NIVEA night cream I've tried before and that was thin and oily. 

I didn't like that at all, mainly because it left a greasy film on my skin the next morning. You don't get that at all with this night cream, you wake up and it's like the skin has drunk it and enjoyed every drop. So yes, the results are exceptional for a reasonably-priced night cream.

Would I repurchase it?

I think you know what my answer is going to be. Yes, I definitely would repurchase this night cream. It's a really lovely product, which I expected from The Body Shop. I would have been greatly disappointed if it turned out not to live up to my expectations, given the other moisturisers I have tried from The Body Shop, but that truly isn't the case. If you're looking for a good night cream that's worth the extra cash, then try this one - you won't be disappointed.



***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Have I swayed you to give this night cream a try? Do you have it already and love yours as much as I love mine? If so, let me know, either way, in the comments below and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments