Everything I Loved in July


July was very wet, windy, stormy and a bit chilly, actually; a contrast to what the rest of Europe has been experiencing so far this summer. But aside from the bad weather, I have still found a few things to be happy about this month. One of which is my parents' dog, Pip. I dog-sat for them one night and we had the best time! She is also very pretty, so I took a picture from my angle and it's one of my favourite shots of her to date, so she made it as the header for this month's favourites post! From a new garden space we can enjoy to seeing our friends' new baby, here's everything I have loved this month.

Our new garden space

You might have seen our last blog post about all of the improvements we have made to our garden. If you haven't, then you can read that blog post here, which goes into the project in a lot more detail. Anyway, it's now a usable, safe outdoor space that can be enjoyed over the remaining summer months. We're expected to get some good weather in August, so fingers crossed we can actually get out into the garden soon :)

Spending the afternoon with my family

I booked an afternoon off work so that I could go to a hygienist appointment and so I could spend the afternoon with my mum and dad. Tom was working, so didn't come, unfortunately, but it involved a trip to the garden centre. I bought a few new plants for the garden and I also indulged in a slice of cake and a cup of coffee. It was lovely to see my family for that short spell and in the middle of the day, which is rare mid-week. But it was a memorable thing that happened this July!

Seeing our friends for lunch

We met up with our friends for lunch this month, who have two very cute little boys, one of whom we're god parents to. We went to the pub one Saturday afternoon and enjoyed a spot of food and a good laugh. We were there for over three hours just chatting and having fun. It really was a wonderful day and one that I look back now and smile about.

Meeting our friends' new baby

Another friends-orientated thing, naturally, but we finally got to meet our friends' brand new baby. He's about six weeks old now, but he's super cuddly! It was most definitely a highlight of our month. We cannot wait to see them all again soon :)

The Guardians of the Galaxy 3

You might have noticed that there has been some hype around this Marvel film. We have followed The Guardians of the Galaxy series so far, together with the Marvel films in general as we watched those in order recently, so it was only right to go and watch the final instalment of the the hit film. 

If you've not seen it before, but want to, it's quite heavy. It's probably more gritty and dark than any of the other Marvel films, let alone the ones in The Guardians of the Galaxy film series. It was brilliant, mind, so definitely go and watch it, or stream it, when you get a chance. 

***

I hope you've enjoyed this blog post? Let me know what you've been loving in July and I'll see you again in August with a brand new blog post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts