5 Tips for a Cosy Living Room


It's that time of year again, Christmas has gone and we've just brought in the New Year. But all of that doesn't take away from the fact that it's still freezing cold. So what can we do to make sure that we're relaxing in a warm and cosy living room? Here are a few of my ideas and some tips for a cosy living room as we enter 2024.

1. Put the fire on

Not everyone has a log burner, but if you do, or some other sort of wood burner or open fire, then light it as early in the day as possible. Not only will you find that it keeps your living room toasty, but it will eventually heat the rest of the home, meaning there's absolutely no need to put your heating on, even at night when the temperatures drop even further.

2. Always have cup of tea on hand

I always make sure that I have my hands wrapped around a hot beverage, whether it be a hot chocolate, a coffee or a cup of tea. Not only does it warm my hands through, which are cold all the time, but it also helps to keep my body toasty as I drink it. Not to mention, there's absolutely loads of choice when it comes to hot drinks, so you can't really go wrong.

3. Stock up on blankets

You will almost always find me wrapped up in a blanket at this time of year. Whether it's on my legs, around my shoulders or both, I will always be using a blanket of some description. From sherpa blankets to a thin throw, you have everything to gain when it comes to making sure you have a good selection of blankets to choose from when the weather takes a turn for the worse.

4. Light a candle

Candles can make all the difference when it comes to making a living room look and feel cosy when it's cold outside. Whether you go for a fresh scent, something that's foodie-smelling or a spicy alternative, you can't go far wrong with a candle at this time of year. You might also find that it adds a bit of warmth to the room as well!

5. Draw the curtains or close the blinds

You'll find that your windows and doors are cold and draughty, no matter how well-fitted they are. Windows, especially large windows, are notorious for being cold, causing those who sit by them to become chilly. 

If you close the blinds and close your curtains, you'll be helping to keep the cold air out, but also to help keep the warm air in. Believe it or not, windows will let as much of your warm air out as the cold air it lets in. Keep your windows covered, especially at night, if you want to ensure a cosy lounge all winter long.

***

I hope you enjoyed this blog post? Let me know in the comments below if you have any tips for ensuring a cosy living room this winter and I'll see you again very soon with a brand new blog post :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments