My Three Lancôme Mascaras: A Review


Here it is, the blog post most of you have been waiting for. A lot of you have been asking over on Instagram and Twitter (links below or in the sidebar) for me to do a review and comparison of my collection of Lancôme mascaras.

 Lancôme can be very hit or miss with mascaras. The three I have aren't bad, but for me, only one stands out among all the others, while another I wouldn't repurchase, nor would I recommend to you (oh dear...).

I have rated each one out of ten, ten being fantastic and would definitely purchase again, and one being rubbish and most certainly will not be purchasing it again!

Let's get into shall we?

DOLL EYES


Colour: Noir Intense (011)
Price: £23.50
Mark Out of 10: 4

This is the most recent addition to my Lancôme mascara collection. I've been persisting with it for over a week now, and to be perfectly honest, I don't love it. It's ok, but for a high-end, expensive mascara, I expected a lot more from it to be completely honest. 

The formula is dry and not as wet as the others. I thought it was just mine, but after reading reviews online, I found that almost everyone else who had purchased and trialled this mascara had the same problem. Usually, I read reviews online before going out and buying any makeup product which may break the bank a little, but I didn't in this case which is really annoying.

Some people like a mascara to have formula which is a little more dry, but for me, it really is a massive downfall.

It isn't great for when you're in a hurry, because not even three coats does the trick. It takes a while to build the volume up. However, where it doesn't add a massive amount of volume, it does add length, and it doesn't clump or flake either which is a plus.

It's also very hard wearing. In order to test these mascaras properly, I wore them while in the gym, and none of these mascaras are in fact waterproof, they're smudge proof though. Anyway, back to the point, I wore this for over an hour in a hot, sweaty gym and it didn't budge. It didn't transfer under the eyes, nor did it smudge in the hood of the eye. It looked pretty much the same as it did that morning when I finished putting my makeup on.

This one is a lot more fragrant than the other two. It smells a lot nicer than the others which for some people, can be a plus. It's great for precision. The pointed end means you can get into the inner corner very easily, it also makes doing the lower lashes a lot easier as well.

To conclude...

You'd love this if you want a more natural look. Don't be fooled by the name of the mascara because it really doesn't look how you'd think it would when on the lashes. If you have the time and patience to work with this mascara, then it's a great mascara, once you're happy with them and built the lashes up rather a lot, your lashes will look pretty good.

If you've saved or had intentions to save for a high-end mascara, don't save up for this one, it isn't worth the money in my eyes. Save your pennies and stick to the high-street makeup brands you know and love.

VOLUME-A-PORTER


Colour: Black
Price: £23.50
Mark Out of 10: 7

This mascara is a massive step up from the previous one I've discussed. Unlike 'Doll Eyes', the formula of this one is a lot more wet which I love. It does make your lashes look a lot more natural, but if you want fuller, more voluminous lashes, you can build it up. It only takes around three coats for me to be happy with how my lashes look.

I love my lashes to look long and voluminous, and this mascara definitely has the ability to do that, and a lot more easily than the previous mascara. I've found that with all three of my Lancôme mascaras, they don't clump or flake which is amazing because I was expecting them to do just that if I was to build up the volume.

In that sense, you get what you pay for. This mascara is supper easy to apply, mainly because of the formula. As well as adding length and volume, it manages to separate the lashes really nicely, hence why it doesn't clump at all either.

Like the other one, this stays on perfectly throughout the day. I wore this everyday for about two weeks because I loved it that much. I even went spinning whilst wearing this mascara. If you know me from uni, you will know, because I never have time to remove my makeup before I go spinning, so I'm forced to go wearing a full face of makeup, but everyone expects that from me now xD

Anyway, my point was that this isn't even waterproof, it's smudge proof but still, it stays on, it doesn't transfer or run at all, even after I've been spinning and have done two rounds of circuits. Now that is pretty awesome you have to admit :)

To conclude...

This is a fab mascara, I've given it a 7 because you still have to allocate a little extra time to build the lashes to how you like them, but if you prefer a natural lash look, this is for you. I would repurchase this again, but probably not at full price. Feel Unique have regular offers and sales on pretty much everything, so when the time comes for me to buy a new one, I will do so when the sale rolls around again :) I recommend this, it is worth the money, but I'm sure you could find a high-street mascara which does the same thing. If you have the cash to splash, go for it!

CLASSIC HYPNOSE


Colour: Noir (01)
Price: £23.50
Mark Out of 10: 8

You can probably tell from the rating that this is my favourite one in my collection. This adds length and volume effortlessly, it takes two/three coats max to get a great, full lash look. It also separates the lashes very well too. It doesn't clump the lashes together, nor does it flake throughout the day. In fact, it doesn't budge at all throughout the day, unless of course it rains (which goes without saying because this isn't a waterproof mascara). Don't wear any of these mascaras on a rainy day because you'll regret it (trust me I know xD).

Again, the formula of this one is rather wet, which I like (as I've said previously) because it makes it super duper easy to apply and also a breeze to remove with a wipe or makeup remover. This isn't the one to go for if you want a natural look, this is great for really opening up the eyes, which is strange because 'Doll Eyes' is supposed to do that (it really doesn't do a great job of that as we've established at the beginning of this post).

I've had many compliments surrounding this mascara, loads of people have asked me what mascara I use when I have this on. If you see me out and about, or on a daily basis, this will most likely be the one I'm wearing. 

Like the other two, it can withstand hot and sweaty gym activities which is fabulous if you forget to remove your makeup or simply don't have the time in-between general life errands.

To conclude...

I recommend this mascara completely. If you've been saving up for a high-end mascara, this is the one I recommend. It adds volume and length, as well as separating the lashes so it doesn't look clumpy. It doesn't flake or wear throughout the day, it's very hard wearing indeed. If you want natural looking lashes, don't go for this one, but if you want full, long lashes, this is the one for you. But make sure you ask for a waterproof one if that's what will sell it to you :) I'd repurchase this time and time again, it's that good!


I hope you enjoyed this post as most of you have been waiting in anticipation for it. Let me know which ones you have and what you think of them. Are there ones you have that I don't and you'd think I'd like? Will you be buying any on my recommendation? Let me know via my social networking sites below or in the sidebar, and I will see next time :)
_________________________________________________

WHERE TO FIND ME


Comments

Popular Posts