Blogmas (Day 7) | My Christmas Books


I love reading. Anyone who knows me will know this. I find some of the most magical stories come out at Christmas time and that suits me! Mix my two favourite things together, Christmas and reading and you have one very happy lady...AKA me! So I'm going to be talking you through the books I've either read before or that I can't wait to read! I hope you enjoy :)

A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens


I have had this book for a very long time. A Christmas Carol is a book I will read every single Christmas. I love Victorian Literature, I love Dickens and I love Christmas, so it's no wonder that this book has made it first on my list. It isn't only an absolutely brilliant story, but it also comes with a moral and I think it's a lesson that still needs to be learnt today, more than a century on.

If the book doesn't take your fancy, watch a film adaption of it. My favourite is the one by Disney. It's beautifully done, with amazing actors but just the right amount of dark scenes in it, it's meant to be slightly scary and that comes across so clearly in the book. Wonderful story by a very clever man. Fantastic!

The Christmas Lights - Karen Swan


I saw this in Sainsburys the other day, having read the blurb it sounds great! Festive, warm but also mysterious. Something I haven't found in a Christmas book before. So my curiosity got the better of me and I bought it. I bring it with me on the train to read during my commute to work. It gets me in the Christmas mood which isn't a bad mood to be in if I'm honest. Reading this with a gingerbread latte in hand? Could it be anymore perfect? I think not!

A Winter's Tale - Trisha Ashley


I've read this book before. Not as much as A Christmas Carol, but I have read it, at least twice, in the past three years. It's a beautiful tale that has been sprinkled with just the right amount of Christmas and festiveness. Not to mention the cover! I mean, have you seen it? How cute is that illustration? They say not to judge a book by it's cover, but let's face it, I definitely bought this book for its cover! But I'm glad I did as it's perfect for this time of year, even though it isn't exactly labelled as a Christmas book. But it still makes me feel warm and cosy and festive!

Christmas at the Beach Hut - Veronica Henry


This is a book that my mum actually bought me. She knows I love Christmas and that I love reading, how thoughtful is she? It seems like a pretty unique concept, Christmas held in a beach hut?! But I have a feeling not all is as it seems with this one. But the huts on the cover look so Christmassy and inviting don't day? Sort of makes me want to live in one! Haha.

***

I hope you enjoyed this post, especially if you're a bookworm like me! Let me know if you have any recommendations for me! I'll be sure to give them a try :) I will see you tomorrow with a new post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



BLOGMAS SO FAR



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts