Blogmas (Day 12) | A Cranberry Christmas Cocktail


If you know me well, you'll understand that I have an everlasting love for red wine and cocktails. I was going to write a post outlining my recipe for homemade mulled wine. Let me know if you'd sill like to see that, but then I thought, everyone drinks mulled wine and it really isn't very hard to make, especially now you can just buy a bottle of it already made up. So instead, I thought I'd go for a cold, cocktail alternative. I think it's just as tasty as a hot glass of mulled wine and it's so easy and simple to make. Not to mention cheap in comparison to other cocktails you come across. If you give this a go, let me know :)

Ingredients

*Gordon's Gin
*Cointreau
*Cranberry Juice
*Orange Juice
*Lemonade
*Oranges or Satsumas
*Ice

Would Be Helpful, But Not Essential

*Big/Fancy Glasses
*Straws (preferably reusable or paper)
*Cocktail Shaker

Method

1) Add the Gordon's Gin and Cointreau to the shaker.
2) Throw in a handful of ice, the cranberry juice and a tablespoon of orange juice.
3) Shake the mixture at this point, vigorously.
4) Pop some ice in a glass and pour the mixture over it.
5) Add as much lemonade as you desire.
6) Chuck in some satsuma segments or half of an orange segment.
7) Garnish with a slice of orange or frozen cranberries.
8) Drink whilst watching a festive film, listening to Christmassy songs or during a cheeky house party your parents aren't supposed to know about ;) Enjoy!


***

Let me know if you gave this a try, tell me what you thought and whether or not you'd make them again. Super easy right? I will see you tomorrow with another post!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



BLOGMAS SO FAR



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. Ooooh, I wouldn't have thought to use Cointreau. I'm partial to St Germain myself or any elderflower liquor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds pretty tasty to be honest! This is such a delicious cocktail and you don't have to wait till the festive period rolls around again to enjoy it either :)

      Lorna X

      Delete

Post a Comment