Blogmas (Day 3) | The Importance of Writing Christmas Cards

Beautiful, Creative & Festive

I love a good Christmas card, I love receiving them, I love giving them, there's just something about a Christmas card that shows you're thinking about someone and if you receive one, you'll think the same. I have a list of people I will send Christmas cards to. I also have specific cards that have been bought for that specific person, ones that fit their personality, their humour or their style.

You can even get creative and make some. Even better right? I just think communicating with people other than online is lovely. I'm quite a sentimental person. I'm that person that will keep your card or the hand written letter you've sent. I just think there's something special about it. You've made the effort to buy the card, write in it, get a stamp and send it. It's something so simple that could make someone's day!

What Do I Write?!

I write. It's what I do, it's the only thing I'm (sort of) good at, so being a bit of a wordsmith means everyone expects beautifully written cards and letters and often, that isn't the case, haha. Unless I'm writing to my boyfriend, it won't be super serious or soppy at all. I'll often include little drawings I've done and they seem to go down a treat with everyone, it just makes them smile and I enjoy that! I tailor the content of the card to the person I'm sending it to.

But that being said, you don't have to send an essay. If you just want to wish someone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, then write that and sign it off. Job done! It's such an easy way to connect with people without using the internet in the digital age we now live in and I think it's wonderful.


Will you be sending any cards this year? Are you as sentimental as me? Do you love receiving them as much as giving them out? Let me know in the comments and I will see you tomorrow with a brand new, festive blog post for you :)

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOGMAS POSTS



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments