What I Got For Christmas


DISCLAIMER: I am very grateful for everything I received this Christmas. I am not bragging, nor is that my intention. I have been asked to do this by other bloggers on Twitter or Instagram as it was of interest to them. If you do not wish to continue reading, feel free to exit this page. I do not wish to cause offence.

I'd like to firstly start off by saying, thank you for sticking with me throughout Blogmas. I really enjoyed writing those festive posts for you, and I'm so happy that you all enjoyed them, thank you for all the love and support both myself and my blog received from you, it really does mean a lot as a small blogger.

Secondly, Christmas is over for another year *sighs*. But we still have the New Year to look forward to, let me know what your plans are because I'd love to know! But we're now in that funny time between Christmas and New Year where no one really knows what day it is, and we all feel as stuffed as the turkey we ate three days ago! So I thought I'd write a post showing you all what I got for Christmas this year. I've had rather a few of you private message me on Twitter asking for this (as I have done them in the past), so this one is for you :)

This isn't everything I received. I got a couple of Pandora charms for my bracelet which I was wanting to do a separate post on (if that's ok?), so they won't be included in this. I also got some more personal presents which I won't be sharing on here, including new underwear, so for obvious reasons, I won't be showing you that for instance. Either way, I hope you enjoy this post!

Gloves by 'Hoter'


I've been meaning to buy some new gloves for a while, the ones I have are pretty old and were starting to become thread bare, letting in the wind and the cold. My boyfriend had obviously been listening to me, because come Christmas morning, I opened these! They're so fleecy on the inside, something I was chuffed about, as soon as I tried them on my hands were immediately warm and cosy! Not doubt I will be making full use of these when the weather takes a freezing turn.

'Fashion Boutique' Socks


These socks actually came in a pack of four, gifted to my mum, but she (apparently) didn't need that many and so she gave me a pair (because she knows I love socks...I like to be cosy). I chose these from the pack, I thought the colours were very interesting and neutral, and so would go with a lot. They're very warm, just to give you some clarification!

'Sanctuary Spa' Shower Burst - Green Lemon & Orange Blossom


This one was from parents. I had smelt it in the shop a few weeks ago, loved it, but never actually got around to buying some, so tada! Look what Father Christmas brought me. I was chuffed with it quite honestly, I love receiving things like this for Christmas, it's a time to splash out a bit, and treat yourself, or be treated to, something a little more luxurious. 

LancĂ´me 'La Vie Est Belle' L'eau De Parfum Intense (75 ml)


I get a top up of this perfume every single Christmas. A big bottle usually lasts me all year, so the annual restock is very much anticipated when November rolls around and I'm having to resort to a Marc Jacob's classic scent. Don't get me wrong, I love all my perfumes, but this one is especially gorgeous! Go and give it a spray next time you're in a department store, it'll be worth it! Who knows, you may even be tempted to buy a bottle yourself!

Pop Vinyl - Queen Elizabeth II


This has got to be one of my favourite presents I received this year. For those of you who know me, I love the Queen and the Royal Family. I love all things London as well (which will become evident with the explanation of my final present that will feature in this post), I feel like the Queen is iconic to the city and to England. I also have a lot of respect for her, who else can't wait for the new series of The Crown to air? This was given to me by my boyfriend, I had an order to open my presents in this year, and this is very much related to the third and final present my boyfriend gifted me. How thoughtful is that?

Urban Decay 'Back Talk' Eye Shadow Palette


If you have been following me before Christmas, you'll know that this featured on a recent post entitled 'My Beauty Wishlist'. So I was chuffed to find this under the tree Christmas morning. It seemed like an interesting concept, to have a blusher/highlighter/eye shadow palette combined. I wanted to see if the quality of the eye shadow would suffer as a result, but the standard actually hasn't slipped. I tried it out for the first time today and I'm really very impressed.

I had heard reviews online about the eyeshadows not being pigmented enough, that was the main complaint anyway, but I haven't found that, and I've swatched them all. I'll be writing a blog post all about it, much like I have for the others in my collection. I'll leave some links below for you if you're at all interested.

LancĂ´me 'Hypnose' Gift Set


I have always been a massive lover of LancĂ´me mascaras. I had run out of my usual one and so popped it on my Christmas list. Believe it or not, this set is actually the same price as the mascara on it's own, so it made sense to get this with some extras didn't it? I did a post last year featuring this mascara and all the others in my collection which I will leave below if you're interested.

The mascara included in this set is the classic Hypnose mascara. It's the perfect colour and consistency, as well as being incredibly durable and gives a lot of volume to my eyelashes. Overall, I'm very impressed with it and I think it's well worth the money, especially if you're looking to invest in a more expensive mascara.

In this kit you also get a bright red, creamy lipstick and a black pencil eyeliner which I use everyday anyway, so collectively, it will all get used, making it even more financially worth it! You could probably even buy this set in the sale now, keep a look out :)


Ted Baker Makeup Brush Set & Holder


The funny thing about this present is, I was actually going to buy some new makeup brushes in the January sales, so now I don't have to! This present was from my boyfriend's parents and I love it! They look beautiful, the brushes are soft and durable, which means they'll wash well! You can tell that they're good quality, even the holder is gorgeous! I love this gift, it will most definitely be used and very much loved, I can already tell :)

Filofax 'Butterflies' Personal Organiser


I already have a little Filofax I was gifted by my Auntie and Uncle last Christmas. I'm actually still using it as we aren't yet in 2019, and I know you can buy new inserts for them instead of a new one every single year, but I fancied one which was a little bigger and boy did Father Christmas deliver! This one comes with card holders and little spaces for slips of paper, not only that but there's a lot more space to jot down notes, times, addresses etc. It's just all round a little bit more convenient, only it does take up more room in your handbag, I can live with that though!

Disney 'A Year of Animation' 2019 Daily Calendar


Still sticking with the calendar/2019 theme, this is from my boyfriend's parents. They know how much I love Disney and I haven't ever seen anything like this before. Instead of it being something you write on, it's a lot more visual. You rip off a page a day and each day has a different movie scene. I think it's adorable and I absolutely love the concept of it! Perfect for the ultimate Disney lover...such as myself ;)

Red Letter Days London Experience


This was something that I was just not expecting. I hadn't ever received anything from Red Letter Days before, so I had no idea what this was when I first opened it. But once I got reading the letter, it became apparent to me that this was going to be one of the best things ever. My absolutely amazing boyfriend had arranged for us to go on a Vintage London Routemaster bus tour, a Thames river cruise and lastly, the thing I am just so psyched about, is visiting the state rooms at Buckingham Palace and I'm just so excited, I can't even tell you! Hence the Queen Elizabeth II Pop Vinyl, boy did good eh? I nearly cried when I found out what it was and what we would be doing, I just want to go and do it all tomorrow! But don't worry, when I do I will make sure I will blog it all for you :) I'd be stupid not to really wouldn't I? Lets be honest!


***

I hope you enjoyed this post. Please let me know what you got for Christmas, or leave links to your posts below so I can have a read and leave you some lovely comments :) I will see you really soon for some New Year themed posts!

***


WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments