Blogmas (Day 17) | The Joys of a Real Christmas Tree


Our family have always had a real Christmas tree. I can't remember a Christmas where we weren't decorating a beautifully grown fir tree, this year being no exception. I don't know what it is about real trees that I love so much. Maybe there's something nostalgic about it, something which takes me back to a happy childhood and making me feel safe, surrounded by family having fun, listening to wonderful music, eating great food and watching festive films.

I really enjoy the smell of them as well. If you've never owned a real tree, you won't understand this one, but they do smell incredible. It makes the house smell of rich pine, something I immediately associate with Christmas. It's also novel. Every year you'll have a different tree, it'll be a different height, shape, width. You never know what you're going to come home with. It's fun just picking one out. You can go through quite a few trees, holding them up, taking a step back, finding their 'face', yes they have faces ;)

I don't think I'd ever deviate from a real tree. EVER! Once you start, there's no going back, trust me! We always go to Sherwood Pines in Nottinghamshire for ours. Ever since my parents moved to Nottingham, they've been going there for a real tree. I have very fond memories of going with my family. Walking around all the trees, wrapped up warm, playing in the surrounding woods. We'd then make our way to the café and have a hot chocolate and a sausage roll while we defrosted from the Winter chill.


Anyway, real or fake, a Christmas tree always brings a lot of Christmas cheer. Do you go for a real one or a fake one? Let me know :) I will see you tomorrow with another festive post, how quickly has Blogmas gone this year? Wow!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



BLOGMAS SO FAR


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts