Blogmas (Day 2) | Top 3 Festive Red Lips


Welcome to day two of 'Blogmas'. This one is for all you beauty lovers out there who enjoy a festive lip at this time of year. Perfect for any office Christmas party, family get-together or festive drinks with your girlfriends, these lip sticks are perfect for any Christmassy occasion. I hope you enjoy!

Rimmel 'Apocalips' Lip Lacquer - 'Big Bang'


This is one of the first ever red lipsticks I've bought in my whole twenty three years on this planet. Shocking, I know, but at the time, these lip lacquers were so hyped up, it was almost impossible not to get my hands on, at least one, of the products from the range.

This one is the perfect shade of red, just right for the festive season! It is however a lot more glossy than the other two lipsticks I'll be talking about in this blog post, so if that's a quality you prefer in a lipstick, then you'll love this one!

Pigmentation is impressive, you only need one coat of this and you're good to go. You could layer it up, but be careful as you don't want it to be too sticky after application. Durability is pretty good, surprisingly for a glossy lipstick, I can eat and drink throughout the night but the colour will still remain, relatively, the same. It also tastes nice, which is a bonus. Not only this, but it's also very affordable for those who are on a budget. Overall, I highly recommend this lipstick!


Rimmel 'The Matte Factor' -  'One of a Kind' #810


If you're a lover of matte lips, then this would be the perfect red for you during this time of year. It's a different shade of red to the previous lipstick, instead, it's a little darker and less 'cherry-like' in colour. I think this shade is perfect for a winter evening, spending the night drinking mulled wine with the girls, or enjoying a heart meal accompanied by a delicious glass of red wine.

The pigmentation is just perfect, like the previous lipstick, you don't need to apply a lot to get a full-bodied colour out of it. The durability is impressive too, I once wore this to a Christmas party not long ago, it included a meal and some drinks at a restaurant, followed by cocktails and wine in a bar afterwards and I didn't reapply my lipstick once. I find these matte shades are a lot more durable than any other gloss, or cream lipsticks out there! With it being 'Rimmel', it's also incredibly inexpensive therefore making it well worth the money. I could sing it's praises enough really!

PLEASE NOTE: The link I have provided you with (below) will lead to the lipstick pictured in this blog post, however the packaging has been updated since I purchased the one featured in this post, but regardless of the tube repackaging, the product inside is still the same!


LancĂ´me 'L'Absolu' Lipstick - 'Rouge Chic' #162


This is the most expensive of all the lipsticks to have been featured in this post, just in case any of you would rather fork out a bit more cash on a good quality, festive lipstick. There's something luxurious about a high-end lipstick that you just don't get with ones from the high-street. I love LancĂ´me makeup products anyway, so to have this in my festive lipstick collection makes me super happy!

This actually came in a little gift set I got for Christmas last year, so it isn't full sized, but when it runs out, I'd be more than happy to pay the premium price to replace such a gorgeous lipstick. This one is perfect for those of you who don't lip bright red shades, or shades which are too dark. I know this looks bright and bold in the tube, but when it's applied, it comes up as delightful coral red, basically, it's got pinky undertones to it as opposed to it being bright red, which makes this lipstick stand out among any of the others that have featured in this post.

Pigmentation is amazing, like with all the lipsticks I've mentioned in this post, one coat should be enough really, unless you prefer a bright, bold lip. The durability is pretty amazing as well, it's a bit more creamy than a matte lip, but not glossy like the first lipstick I talked about. Instead, it's at a happy medium for those who prefer their lipsticks not too sticky, but not too drying.

It's more expensive than the others in this post, mainly because it's part of a higher end makeup brand, but like I've previously said, it would be totally worth the hefty price tag. It also tastes and smells amazing, something I love in a lipstick. I really do recommend this to anyone thinking of investing in a high-end lipstick for the festive season!



***
I hope you enjoyed this post, I will see you tomorrow for day three of 'Twelve Days of Christmas'.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME


BLOGMAS SO FAR


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

  1. I like it when individuals get together and share views.
    Great blog, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts