Top 5 Makeup Bag Staples


It's so easy to go on a short mini break or for a girly day out and just bring loads of makeup that you simply don't need. So I thought I'd tell you all what my makeup staples would be. Hopefully, you find this useful, especially if you have some of these products already, Father Christmas might have brought you a few bits and bobs that you can now makeup full use of whilst on the go. 

Base

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair)


I have raved about this concealer from the day I first tried it out. I haven't deviated from this product, ever, and I don't think I ever will. It's just the right consistency, the colour match is pretty much perfect, it blends superbly, it doesn't go patchy and it provides a wonderful base to get creative with blushers, bronzer and highlighters. A fantastic product for the price!

Cheeks & Eyes

Urban Decay 'Back Talk' Eye & Cheek Palette


I've actually not had this very long, I got it for Christmas and I've been using it every day since then. I think it's the perfect palette for travelling with. You have every single versatile eyeshadow shade for every occasion, as well as two different blushers to choose from and two different highlighters. You don't have to bring lots of different products in bulky packaging, this takes up less room than two individual blushers, highlighters and eight individual eyeshadows. It's surprisingly small as well, and it comes with a very good quality mirror! I'll be reviewing this palette soon so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Eye Brows

Fashionista 'Style Icons' Brow Kit


I haven't always been one to fill in my eyebrows, but one day I woke up and thought 'they're a patchy really aren't they?' so I started investing more time into making them look less patchy and a little more normal. I don't put on loads, because I don't want it to look like I have two slugs taking a nap on my forehead! But this contains the perfect shade for my eyebrows, it's so easy to use, you don't need a lot of powder as it's so pigmented. For the money, it's pretty impressive really!

Eye Lashes

LancĂ´me Hypnose Classic Mascara (Extra Black)


If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that this mascara is my ultimate go-to for magic lash lengtheners. I've had a range of mascaras from LancĂ´me, but every time, this one comes out on top. They've done a fantastic job with this and I will continue to keep purchasing it until they either discontinue it (which would break my heart) or they change the formula to something I can't get on with (which would also break my heart). Let's hope neither of those things happen!

Lips

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lipstick (Pink Blink)


I have raved about these liquid lipsticks for a while. They have a very wide range of colours, the consistency is perfect, they're pigmented, taste great and the colour payoff is incredible. It doesn't transfer nor does it dry out the lips, a triumph in the world of liquid matte lipsticks. If matte lips aren't you're thing, you could always wait for it to dry, then smear some clear gloss over the top. Either way, it's versatile, perfect for every occasion and it so affordable!

***

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know what your makeup bag essentials are and whether I have missed any. I will see you soon and I hope you've all had a wonderful first week of 2019!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME


PREVIOUS BLOG POST


COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Disclaimer

Comments