Birchbox | January


Another month, another Birchbox. This will most likely become a monthly instalment here on my blog, so I hope you enjoy that! But Not only are we in a new month, but we're also at the start of a new year. I hope you've all had a wonderful start to 2019 and you've settled in well to everyday life again after the festive period. We're all in the same boat though aren't we guys? Anyway, let me talk you through what's in this month's Birchbox. You can read all about the contents of previous Birchbox's by clicking a link below! Enjoy :)

2018 Boxes


Packaging


I know that the packaging of the box isn't the be all and end all of receiving a satisfactory Birchbox, and you subscribe for the contents and not the aesthetics, but I was left quite disappointed by the design of this box. I don't know quite what I expected, perhaps something a little more wintery for January, you'd think this was a box meant for the June or July. I think the design ideas for this month probably ran a little bit dry down at Birchbox HQ, but I can look past it to be honest. Just a side note of my thoughts for you :)

Contents


CLE Cosmetics, Essence Moonlighter Cushion, 'Apricot Tinge' (RRP £22) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT


I was actually quite chuffed to find this inside my Birchbox this month. It's not often they give you a full size, rather expensive makeup product. I'm yet to try this however, but I may do another 'Beauty Scrutiny' post as a lot of you loved it last time, I'll give you my full thoughts on it then, after I've given it a try! But in the pan, it looks beautiful and I don't really want to ruin it, as silly as that sounds! I'm really looking forward to giving this a go, I wonder what the other shade is like?

"Infused with luminescent pearl powder, this innovative highlighter delivers a beautiful gleam to your skin. Plus, it has an amazing cooling sensation when applied. Using the applicator puff or your fingers, smooth onto your cheekbones, down your nose, and beneath your brows for instant radiance. Glow get it!"

Dr. Botanicals, Cleansing Bar, 'Pomegranate' (RRP £5.90) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT


I have never been one to buy into cleansing bars. Loads of places sell them and I just haven't been bothered even to jump on the band wagon. However, this one smells delicious and the reviews are very good, so it may allow me to give the cleansing bar trend a chance! As usual, I'll keep you posted with my thoughts on this product!

"Gentle enough for face and body, this is more than your average bar of soap! Formulated with 98% natural ingredients, it will cleanse, exfoliate, and restore your natural glow. Lather using your hands, massage in, and rinse clean to reveal a naturally radiant complexion. It's cleansing at its simplest - and most effective!"

Philip Kingsley, Flaky/Itchy Scalp Shampoo (RRP £24)


I don't have an especially dry or itchy scalp, luckily...*touches wood*...but I'm more than willing to see if it reduces the dryness at the front of my scalp., which is where it happens if it does ever occur. I'm actually really excited to try this, along with exfoliating gloves and the clay mask. It will make for the ultimate pamper evening and I won't lie, I actually can't wait! you could very well see this in a favourites, especially given the reviews online.

"Want strong, shiny hair? Get to the root of the issue by showing your scalp some TLC. This soothing formula gently cleanses the skin on your head (effectively anextension of the skin on your face!) to leave it soft and healthy, like your strands. Just massage thoroughly into your scalp then rinse clean."

Afterspa, Facial Micro Scrubber (RRP £7) - FULL SIZE PRODUCT


It was actually quite fortunate that these came in my box this month as I was going to purchase a pair myself, I'm glad I didn't now! These have always seemed like a good idea, perhaps a lot more gentle than a general exfoliating glove that's really meant for use on your body before a self tan in the midst of Summer. I'm looking forward to giving this a trial run.

"When it comes to washing your face, your cleanser will work a lot harder with a sidekick. This dual-texture facial tool helps to remove the dirt, oil and impurities in your skin - that your hands can't! Apply your usual cleanser then work the damp scrubber over your skin. Rinse clean and hang to dry when you're finished."

Sand & Sky, Brilliant Skim Purifying Pink Clay Mask (RRP £39.90)


I love a good face mask and I can imagine that's the same for a lot of you reading this. It makes a change to try one that doesn't come out of a flat, vacuum packed sachet. There's something that feels a little more luxurious when it comes to these types of clay masks. The full size version of this comes in a tub rather than a tube, but either way, it's just as convenient and this one is perfect for travelling too!

"It's not hard to see why this mask has been an instant hit. The 4-in-1 formula detoxes, invigorates, refines, and brightens your skin with a healthy dose of pink clay. Plus, soothing aloe vera and pomegranate tighten pores for radiant skin. Apply a thin layer, leave to dry (it'll turn from pink to white), and remove with water."

Birchbox, Pom Pom Hair Ties (Free Gift)


Yes I know, I'm not 12, but I freaking love these hair ties! How cute are they though? I haven't had hair ties like this since I was about 6 and it just fills me with nostalgia. Yes, I will be making full use of these, rocking them as I go!

"Ponytails, braids, and top knots - when you ned to pull your hair back, it's likely that you do it in a variety of ways. So, why rely on your boring black hair band to tie it up? Inspired by this month's box theme, these pom pom-topped hair ties add a colourful finishing touch to whatever hairstyle you're rocking."

***

I hope you all enjoyed this post. Let me know if you have a beauty subscription box each month. How does this one compare? Should I be putting my money into a different box each month? Let me know and I will see you soon!

***

WHERE TO FIND ME



PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts