I Joined 'Fight Klub' & Here's What Happened!


So 3/4 weeks ago, I got talked into joining Fight Klub at my local leisure centre, by my brother no less. Now I won't lie, I was dreading it. I have never joined, nor did I have any intention of joining any form of self defence class, let alone Fight Klub.

And I know what you're all thinking; "what happens in Fight Klub Stays in Fight Klub", but that's not the case here. It's basically a class where you put on a pair of boxing gloves and swing for a punch bag - doesn't sound like much does it? But it actually is.

Before the class begins, you do a warm-up session, which is basically like an intense, 10 minute aerobics session to loosen you up and get the heart pumping a bit. After that, it's time to slide on your gloves and throw some punches, but in certain orders and sequences.

The instructor is brilliant, though. She really makes you work and always ensures you're keeping up with everything she's doing. She also takes the time to go around and give people one-on-one tutorials should they be struggling with a particular sequence or move.

We don't just use our arms and hands either. Our legs play a very important part in the whole thing. The idea is to keep moving at all times, and the movement of our legs ensures this. When we aren't throwing punches we're running on the spot or walking around with a slight bounce to stop the knees from stiffening up.

After that, we get started on the kicking, something I thoroughly enjoyed, probably more so than punching the bag. Although the whole session is hard work, and you really do break out in a real sweat, it's so much fun. We're all running around laughing and smiling, having a generally fantastic time.

The experience is made even better with the help of a dark room, disco lighting and music with a great beat. The rhythm helps you to keep in-time with the punches that are being thrown, generally going in beats of four - this also goes for the kicks.

By the end of the 45 minute session, you're dripping in sweat, but you feel fantastic! Besides being extremely tired after a day at work and waking up at 7am, I feel great. It was almost as if my body had a new-found sense of flexibility. Before I knew it, I was doing high kicks and running with high knees. It was something different, but I really enjoyed it - something you want from a fitness class.

After doing that, I don't think I'll go back to a spinning class. In comparison to Fight Klub, that's just boring! So after my first session I booked onto the next one. By the time this post goes up, I'd have been going for nearly a month straight!

My only problem with it is that the class only commences once a week, I wish it was more regular than that, haha!

Have you ever been to Fight Klub or a form of it? How about a self-defence class or fitness session in general - what did you think? Do you prefer to workout on your own or with others? Let me know in the comments below or via my social media links below. I will see you again really soon with another blog post for you.

***

WHERE TO FIND ME




PREVIOUS BLOG POST



COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

Comments

Popular Posts